Chapter 31.

"Pregnant?" Harry says, the air in the room thick enough to cut with a knife. "Louis?"

"This is why I didn't want to go to the doctor." Louis looks down, a single tear running from his eye to his chin. "I didn't want to scare-"

"Scare me?" Harry laughs and makes his way to the bed, taking Louis hand in his, kissing every knuckle. "I couldn't be happier."

"For real?"

"For real, Lou." He kisses the hand again which makes the younger giggle cutely. "My baby is giving me another baby."

"Oh, Robin-"

"Will love a baby brother or sister." Harry reasures. "She'll be the cutest and sassiest little big sister in the world."

•••

"Do we tell them?"

Louis and Harry sit in the car in the driveway, not sure what to say when they get inside.

"I don't know how mum will react," Louis sighs, "She always says she loves Robin but isn't sure she's ready for a second."

"Well shit." Harry swallows, "She likes me though, right?"

"I think so."

"She won't hurt me?"

"Not sure." Louis smirks.

"Lets not tell her, just like to keep it a surprise for a bit longer, no?"

"Sure, mr. Tough Cookie."

"Hey!" Harry softly punches Louis' shoulder. "I am a man, I am strong and tough and-"

"A big fat teddy bear who's jokes are terrible but people laugh anyway not to hurt your feelings."

"You don't like my jokes?"

"Of course, I do, honey." Louis sarcasticly replies, patting his boyfriends hand.

"Now, lets go inside and tell them the ice cream was great." Harry gets out of the car and walks to Louis' door to open it

"You can lick me 'til ice cream later."

"And you say my jokes are bad."

•••

"Hazzy?"

"Yes, love?" Harry shouts back, "In the kitchen!"

Louis comes walking into the kitchen, his hand protectively on his stomach, which he's been doing doing subconciously ever since the got the news a week ago. It warms Harry's heart every time he catches his boyfriend rubbing his belly or looking in the mirror to see if he shows already, which it is too early for of course.

"What's for dinner?" Louis asks, making his way to Harry's chair to kiss his cheek. That's also something Harry's noticed, Louis is way more affectionate when pregnant, constantly wanting to cuddle or just sit together. That too warms Harry's heart.

"Making chicken with mash, I'll start on it after Ro and I are done colouring." He kisses the youngers cheek, having him sit on his lap. "That okay?"

"Hm," He hums, "We're just a little hungry."

Harry smiles lovingly, "We made cupcakes for dessert, but I guess papa can already take one, right Robin?"

"You can, papa, but not too much, you become fatty." Robin nods to herself, still focussed on her drawing, so she didn't notice how her words affected her father.

"She thinks I'm becoming fat?" Louis looks at Harry, tears in his eyes. "She, sh-"

"Hush, she didn't mean it like that, love, even if she did she doesn't know you're pr-"