Chapter 45

"So... why are we doing this again?"

"To get rid of the babyfat." Louis grumbles as he does a sit-up. "I have to be able to fit in a nice tux before the wedding, I will not be showing of my post-baby stomach through a suit."

"And I am here because...?" Niall sighs as he too does a sit-up, or attempts to anyway.

"As my best man, you gotta look hot as well, you'll be in the pictures. You didn't lose your babyfat either so we can plan the wedding and get fit all at once."

Niall sits up fast, staring at Louis. "I'm your best man?'

Louis' back hits his yoga mat, his eyes looking up at the blonde. "Did I forget to ask you to be my best man?" Niall nods. "Fuck, I forget anything these days."

"It's the lack of sleep, you'll get used to it." Niall shrugs and helps his friend up. "Are you sure?"

"About?"

"Me as your best man, I mean, we've only been friends for about-"

"I don't care about how long we've been friends, you've been there for me throughout the pregnancy and I love you. I wouldn't want anyone else. Besides, Harry and I decided on both having a best man and a maid of honor so you don't have to worry about taking Lotties spot or something."

'Thank you, Lou." Niall embraces Louis, "I love you too."

"Alright sweaty, race you to the crossfit station."

•••

"Come on, girly." Harry says as he helps Robin out of her carseat, "Auntie Gem is waiting for us inside."

Robin and Harry walk towards the pastel pink door, hand in hand. Harry opens the door for his princess and the girl rushes inside as she sees Gemma waiting for them in a cosy booth.

The bakery smells of sweets and coffee and the interieur is fully clad in shades of pink, from the velvet seats to the walls, cups, plates, ... It's like a fairytale.

"There is my favourite niece!" Gemma jumps up to hug Robin.

"I will not tell Lizzie you said that, poor baby would be heart broken." Harry chuckles as he slides into the seat opposite from his sister and daughter. "How are you, Gems?"

"Hungry." She says without thinking making Harry laughs. "Thanks for asking me to come cake tasting, ever since you asked me I've been dreaming about their buttercream."

"I love buttercream." Robin says as she looks up at her aunt, playing with Gemma's pink hair.

"Well, I had to think hard about who'd be a good judge for this cake testing and I have to say, it was tough but in the end I went with Robin, the cake slayer and auntie Gem, the restaurant owner. I think that makes a great jury."

"Daddy, how many cakes are we eating?" Robin asks as she looks over the menu, not able to really read anything though.

"So many, Ro, so get ready." Harry says as he points to the elder lady in the pink apron making her way towards their table.

"Goodmorning ladies and gentleman, I am Barbara, welcome at my Sweet Bakery. We'll start this cake tasting session with a cup of tea, on the house." She winks, "It's not every day an old colleague comes in to get a wedding cake right, little Harry berry?"

"Barbara!" Harry laughs. He stands from his seat and hugs Barbara gently. "It's been a while hasn't it?"

"It sure has," The lady chuckles, "You've grown so much, towering over me. Never too big to get your bum pinched, though."

They laugh as Barbara does indeed pinch his bum. Robin chuckling loudly as her daddy squeeks.

"And who is this young lady?" Barbara looks at Robin with a loving smile. "Oh Harry, she looks just like you, curls and dimples."

Harry awkwardly laughs, sitting down in the booth. "This is Robin, my oldest daughter. Robin, this is Barbara, she was my boss when I worked here."

"Did you teach daddy how to bake? Daddy makes the best cupcakes, I love the chocolate cakes." Robin smiles up at the lady.

"Chocolate, you say? Then chocolate cake is the first I'm bringing out!" Barbara says and hurries to the kitchen.

They taste all kinds of cake, from chocolate to vanilla bean to caramel seasalt to red velvet. After hours of eating and talking about the flavours and what to pick for the wedding, they give up. They order their favourite slices of cake to go, so papa can make the hard decision.

With full tummies, they make their way back home.

•••

Hello everybody

Long time no see, it's been about a year now... sorry 😬

Is this a grand come back? Probably not, but yesterday I read this story again and I felt like I needed to finish it and over a 100 replies on the last A/N confirmed that indeed a lot of you are still reading this story and I wouldn't want to let anybody down.

So enjoy this very short chapter, I'll be finishing this story before september. And who knows, maybe I actually get the writing-spark again. I'm sorry if this chapter is bad, I'm a bit rusty 😂

Questions for you:
- Were you waiting for a new chapter?
- How old are you now?
- What is something you did these past 3 years (since I started this story) that you are proud of?

X Emma