Chapter 37.

"Happy birthday, dear Robin, happy birthday to you!"

Everyone in the room starts cheering as the birthday-girl does a sassy twirl and hairflip, her bangs falling in front of her eyes just slightly.

"Time for cake?" Louis asks his daughter, who's already five now. Time does go fast.

Extremely fast because in just a little over two months they'll have two new bundles of joy to care for and honestly, he couldn't wait. He usually pestered Harry about how excited the older got when he felt the babies kick and he started every day by saying how many days they had to wait. Louis acted all cool and collected, but he too was thrilled.

"But papaaaa," Robin growns, "I want my presents, please papa."

The puppy eyes.

How could one resist the puppy eyes.

"Alright, let's do presents and then we'll move on to cake," Louis gave in, "Sorry Niall."

He winked at his best friend, who let out a frustrated sound at the delay, but quickly got back to breastfeeding his little one.

Niall and Louis had grown closer, bonding over pregnancy and what not, especially when Niall had just given birth and couldn't always handle a young child while taking care of a new born as well. So Jamie had been coming over much more, which Louis didn't mind as he kind of shipped the two toddlers.

He was a protecting papa bear though. And Harry even worse so.

"Yay!" Robin yelps, running to the stack of perfectly wrapped boxes with pretty bows on top. "Which one first?"

"Let me hand them to you, darling." Harry stands from his seat next to his mother, walking over to the girl and sitting on the floor next to her. "Let's start with this one."

After what seemed to be millions of markers, colouring books, clothing and toys, there was finally no present left and the parents started handing out cake to all the guests. The kids sitting at another table, icing and sprinkles all over their faces and hands.

"Robin, can you come?" Louis softly yells, "Let's clean your hands."

"Lou, she's still eating, why clean her hands now?"

"There's another present to be unwrapped."

"What?" Harry asks confussedly, his eyebrows raised. "Are you sure? I thought I handed her all the boxes."

"No, you forgot one." Louis smiles as he gives his now clean daughter a big envelope.

"Papa, what do I do with this many papers? I can't read, remember dummy." The child giggles as she looks at the thick stack of papers that came from the brown packaging.

"Maybe you should ask daddy to read it to you then." Louis smiles and places the girl on his lap, well, he tries to anyway.

The girl cuddles around the belly as she hands Harry the papers. "Read, please."

"Adoption order in respect of an infant named Robin Styles, formerly known as Robin Tomlinson." Harry reads out loud before abrupty stopping, turning to his fiancé, "Lou-"

"If the babies are going to be Styles' and I am to in the future, we can't leave her out, right?" Louis smiles. "The papers are official, all they need is your signature on the last page. You can decide."

"Oh my," Tears form in the older one's eyes as he pulls his family into his arms, all four of them. "Thank you."

••••••

Hello everybody!

First of all I want to say sorry for the delay, I've had a very busy week as school started two weeks ago and they really didn't start off slow.

Another apology for the very short chapter, I just really wanted to write this and I didn't think any other event fitted in behind this so, that'll be for a next chapter.

I'm keeping the names of the babies a secret until birth, but maybe you could guess? (Aka give me middle name ideas!)

Questions:
- Did you expect an addoption?
- Should they get a cat?
- How is life?
- What have you been up to?
- Something exciting?

1. I started a bullet journal! And I am so glad I did cause it is easily the most fun I ever had while planning shit. I should probably plan updates as well, now that I think of it.

You can check out my bullet journal on instagram: @bullet_with_emma (I usually follow back!)

2. I've been asked something amazing today. I work with kids of Saturdays (I teach them art (performing, painting, photography, basically anything artsy) and the woman who coaches us (the 'teachers') asked me whether I'd like to go to Africa with her sometime next year to go read to childeren (as I love to read and I love childeren's books with pretty pictures). I am extremely excited!

X Emma