Chapter 47

"Papa, why are we sleeping at grandma Jay's home?" Robin asks as Louis fastens her seatbelt. The twins are already in their carseats.

"Because we can't sleep with daddy tonight."

"Why not? Are you and daddy fighting?" She asks, placing a hand on Louis' face to make him look at her, checking if he is sad. She herself is already pouting, her blue eyes looking like they could produce tears any second now.

"Oh no, baby," Louis chuckles, "we can't sleep with daddy because daddy and papa are getting married tomorrow and before getting married, the couple has to spend one last night away from one another!"

"That sounds stupid."

Fuck, if I ever have doubted her being my daughter, sassy little shit she is.

"I know, love, but grandma Jay made pancakes and you can have a little sleepover with Doris and Ernest, alright?"

•••

"So, you're spending the night apart?" Gemma asks through the phone.

"Yep, want to do it right. Well, as right as two gay men can possibly do it." He chuckles.

"And let me guess, you are calling me because the house is so empty and quiet and you didn't want to call Louis 'cause it would make him sad to know you feel lonely and he would just come back and sleep at home, but then you aren't doing it right, right?"

"When did you steal Louis' sass?"

"Baby, I was born this way." Gemma laughs. "Why didn't you just go to mum's?"

"Because she is already letting us host the wedding in their backyard and I didn't want to bother her more." Harry sighs, turning in the bed that suddenly feels way too big.

"You know you'd never be a bother to mum, Haz. Or to Robin for that matter."

"I know, but still, I should be able to spend one god damn night alone, right?" Harry groans, "but everything is so loud and so quiet at the same time and the bed is way too big and I am just overthinking and probably won't sleep at all. Which means I'll look a mess at the alter tomorrow and Louis will worry and think I was overthinging and not sleeping all night and he'll think I was overthinking marrying him and he'll think I don't want to marry him while that is exactly what I want to do, I want to marry him and cuddle him and make love to him and have babies with him and cook for him and grow old with him, I want to spend the rest of my life with hi-"

He stops as he hears a car stop and the door slamming closed, not really thinking anything of it, it's probably the neighbours. But when he hears his front door opening, his hair stands on end. "Gemma," he whispers through the phone, "I think someone is in my home, thiefs are in my home. Gem, you still there?"

He waits for a reply as he listens to the thiefs walking downstairs. "Gem?"

"Gemma, I think they're walking up the stairs." Harry whispers, panick laced in his voice. "Gem, please answer, I think they are coming closer."

He stands up from the bed, making his way to the door of his bedroom with the first weapon he can find. The thiefs footsteps have stopped it seems. "Alright Haz," he whispers, "three, two, one-"

"AAAAAH!" He yells, slamming the door open throwing the weapon - pillow - at the intruder.

"AH! What the fuck is wrong with you?" A girl yells, holding the pillow that hit her in the face. "Is that what I get for coming over to keep you company?"

"Gemma?"

"Of course it's me!" She grins, "Louis already told me you'd be spending the night apart and I was on stand-by for when you started feeling lonely, which he knew would happen, so I was basically waiting for your call."

"Remind me tomorrow to tell him I love him." Harry coos.

"I don't think you'll need to be reminded," She chuckles, "Anyway ready for a Styles-siblings-sleepover-party, cuddle bug? I brought snacks and Love Actually."

•••

"You look amazing, dear."

Anne says as she fixes Harry's collar one last time. It was looking fine already but she keeps doing and redoing it.

"Mum, stop acting all nervous, you look more nervous than I am." Harry chuckles, taking her hands off his shirts and placing a kiss on the back of them.

"You seem awfully calm for someone who's getting married in," She looks down to her wrist, on which a silver watch lays, "five minutes!"

"That's because I am so happy I'll get married in five minutes, I can't wait." Harry grins, making Anne smile wide.

"You really chose a keeper, dear. He is so lovely."

"Hmhm, I know."

Anne hugs her son as Robin walks up to them with Robin on his side and Elliot in his arms.

"Ready, son?" He asks, handing the baby over to Anne. "I practised my walking-up-to-the-alter walk all week but I'll try to not outshine you."

Robin winks at Harry, gently slapping his shoulder.

"Babes, I'll go find my seat, alright?" Anne asks, taking Elliot with her.

"Where's Liz? Wasn't mum supossed to take El and Liz?" Harry asks Robin, who shrugs.

"Niall handed me Elliot and Robin came along, I didn't see Liz."

"That's weird," Harry mumbles, "well, maybe Jay has her."

"Yeah maybe."

As Robin says that, the music starts playing. That's their cue Louis had explained multiple times. So Robin and Harry start walking towards the beginning of the isle.

"Ready, son?"

"Yes, dad."

Robin smiles at Harry, placing a guiding hand on his back. "Then let's get you married."

They walk down the short isle, looking at their friends and family, his mum who's already blowing her nose with tear tracks wetting her powdered cheeck.

As they get to the end, Robin slaps his shoulder one last time, before finding his seat next to Anne.

Next is the wedding party, starting with Robin who prances down the isle as if it is a runway, throwing flowers around making everyone in the room coo and grin at the small girls antics. Like father like daughter.

When Robin found her seat, in the very front row of course, Zayn and Gemma come. Both end up standing next to Harry, giving him cheeky winks and smiles.

Then Lottie and Niall come, but they don't walk on the beat of the music, making Harry frown.

Why are they walking this fast?

Niall comes to a halt in front of him, saying something with an alarmed look in his eyes, but Harry can't process a word he's saying.

"Wh-what?"

"Louis is gone."

Will be continued...

•••

Hello everybody!

Yep, I hate me too.

Questions:
- Where is Louis?
- What will happen next?
- Should I do another character ask?

X Emma