Chapter 40

It's October and thus the last month of Louis' pregnancy. The doctor put him on bedrest, which went well the first week, as he spent it watching Moana nonstop but now, during the second week, he's seen the movie enough and anything else on Netflix too.

Meanwhile Harry transformed into an overprotective motherbird, he won't let Louis stand for even a second and even went as far as suggesting adult diapers, which Louis not-so-kindly dislined.

He packed a hospitalbag too, which was waiting by the door for /the/ moment.

And Robin? She was bounching off the walls with excitement, but maybe not so much for the twins. Don't get me wrong, she loved the idea of a brother and sister, she loved the idea of babies and feeling her papa's stomach to then scold the twins for hurting him, because, "kicking isn't nice bro and sis!"

But next week was Halloween and Louis had promised her they could go trick or treating for the very first time and well, she's more excited for that.

Can you blame the kid though?

•••

"Papa, look! I'm Cinderella!"

Robin runs into the bedroom, where Louis is sitting on the bed, back against the headboard and hands on his stomach, smiling as he feels his big babies move around. "Gorgeous, baby." He blows her a kiss, which she catches before she jumps on the bed to lay with him.

"What is daddy dressing up like?"

"I don't know, love." Louis frownes theatrically, "What do you want him to dress up like?"

Of course he knew Harry had spend days on the internet, trying to find a realistic prince charming costume, so he could match Robin's. Louis had cried when he saw it on him, imagining how happy his daughter would be if she saw her daddy dress up like that.

"What are you dressing up as?" Robin questions as she draws patterns on his stomach, giggling when a foot kicks under her touch.

"I can't come with, baby." Louis sighs sadly. He had thought he would he able to come, since the babies were supposed to be here a few days ago, but obviously they decided Louis' stomach was amazing and didn't want to move out. Which made Harry frantic. He had been bugging Louis with questions, calling him every two hours when he was at work, just to make sure the babies aren't coming when he isn't there.

Louis felt great though. Yes, his babies are a little late to the party, but so what? They'll be here when they are ready for it. He didn't feel bad, so his babies were alright, nothing to stress about. So he didn't see why he couldn't come trick or treating with his daughter, bedrest or not, he never felt better.

"But you have to, papa!"

"But daddy said I couldn't, little one." Louis chuckles at his daughter's serious face, her eyebrows in a frown as she pouted heavily, much like Harry when he didn't get it his way.

"He's not your boss, is he?"

•••

"Absolutely not!"

Harry's voice echos around the bedroom as Louis sits on the edge of the bed, jacket and shoes already on.

"You are not coming, Louis, Niall and Jake are staying with you and we'll be back in an hour, two tops.

"But Haz, she wants me there as well! She even made my costume!" Louis looks up with tears in his eyes, a slight pout forming on his lips and his hands on his stomach. He knew this was the only way to make Harry cave.

"Baby..." Harry looks up after seeing his fiance like that, "You know I don't want to be the bad guy, please-"

"She painted a pumpkin on my stomach, because it's the size of one and because it's the carrier of the babies and of her when she wasn't a princess yet, Haz." Louis smiles as he pulls up his jacket and shirt, showing off his round belly covered in orange paint. "Isn't that the most adorable thing."

"It is."

A silence.

"Okay."

"Okay, what?"

"Okay, you can come."

•••

"Trick or treat?!"

They stand in front of the last door of the evening, all smiles and giggles, with their buckets loaded with toffees and other sticky sweets.

Zayn and Jamie were dressed up as vampires, while Harry and Robin walked hand in hand as if they were were dancing as princes and princesses do. Of course, they held Louis' hand too, though.

"Oh, how gorgeous do you look?" An elder lady says to Robin, making the little girl grin widely. "And you! Vampires are so scary, well except in that one movie, ain't nobody scared of a glittery hunk, now are they?"

After she got her candy out, letting Robin and Jamie take a big handfull each, they were on their way home. They walk, fingers entwined, when Louis suddenly stops, gasping.

"Louis, what's wrong?" Harry turns, seeing Louis' pants wet. "Oh babe, it's alright, you could've just told us you had to go, but we're home soon, it's okay."

"Haz, that isn't pee."

"What?"

"That. Is. Not. Pee."

"Wha- Oh!"

••••••

Hello everybody!

I am so so sorry for not updating for like two weeks and probably more! I was so busy with both good and bad things that I got caught up with all that and was too tired to write most days. Like right now, I have written this on the bus, barely keeping my eyes open as I only had two hours of sleep. #adultlife

Questions:
- IT'S TIME!!!! How we feeling?
- Something you are proud of this week?

I am proud of myself for doing what I do, this week. I've worked every single day for the things I love and I actually feel successfully. I started with my own art organisation with a friend of mine and we actually moved into a bureau this thursday! We actually got an office in a 'big' city, where we get to organise art exhibitions! How wild is that?

I am also very proud of Harry for always treating people with kindness, even when they least deserve it.

Respect Harry, love Harry, treat Harry with kindness!

X Emma