Chapter 50

Hi, this is a double update so if you haven't yet read chapter 49 (posted 8 hours ago), please do.

Comments & votes are very appreciated 😉

•••

"Good evening, darling."

"Evening?" Louis opens his eyes, staring up at a ceiling lamp he's never seen before. He slowly sits up, scanning the room. A gorgeous queen size bed with a golden bed frame, with Louis in between its sheets, is standing in the middle of a room. A beautiful hardwood floor and a ceiling with wooden beams bring warmth to the room and contrast nicely with the cream walks. But Louis' breath is caught when he looks towards the wall opposite of where he is on the bed.

The wall is mostly replaced by big glass doors leading to a balcony.  On the balustrade are hanging baskets filled with bright flowers. The whole thing overlooking the bluest sea Louis has ever seen.

And what makes it all better? His shirtless husband standing in front of the bed, smiling down at him.

"You fell asleep in the cap," He says, putting a shirt on, making Louis pout subconsciously. "I carried you up and unpacked, but it's 5 pm so I thought it's best to wake you. Now stop pouting and put a shirt on, babe, we still have to romantically stroll the streets before dinner."

"Come here first," Louis makes grabby hands at the man, "c'mon".

Harry complies, walking towards Louis, who's now fully sitting up on the bed. When he's close enough the younger wraps his arms around his husband's neck, pulling him down with him on the bed.

"Happy honeymoon, babe." Louis smiles at Harry, who's hovering over him. "I love you."

"I love you more." Harry smiles, before his lips press down onto Louis'. "I wasn't kidding though, we really have to leave."

"But I wanted to make out." Louis pouts and tries to mimic the begging-eyes his kids have all mastered.

"Okay, maybe we can wait a little longer before going out."

•••

"It's so beautiful, Haz." Louis watches over the sea, the sky colouring pink and purple.

After leaving their airBNB apartment, they walked down the Amalfi coast. They strolled the streets looking for some hotspots and restaurants to explore in the next few days. Now they're sitting at a restaurant, having just ordered their dinner, wine in hand and just admiring their surroundings and each other. They have yet to stop smiling, but Harry is convinced he won't ever stop with Louis by his side.

He is in awe watching Louis' every move, a few questions running laps through his mind.

How did I get this lucky? How are his eyes bluer than the ocean? How do you propose a second time?

"Babe look, there's dolphins." Louis yells, a bit too loud maybe, but Harry would never think that.

"That's great, love." The older says hazily, not even taking his eyes off of his husband.

Louis notices the zoned out tone and turns his attention to Harry, meeting his stare. "You okay, darling?"

He grabs onto Harry's hand, effectively getting him back to earth. "Sorry, I was daydreaming."

They chuckle and just smile at each other as they wait for their food.

"Linguine alle vongole e tagliatelle alla boscaiola." The waitress says, two steaming plates of pasta in her hands. All Louis can think is how they're ever going to finish that.

"Le linguine sono per me, e le tagliatelle sono per lui." Harry says. Louis' heart does a loopty-loop at his husband's slow Italian. Harry was keen on learning some Italian before the vacation, even though Louis said they probably would be able to help them in English as well. He can't complain though, Harry looks so adorable trying to find the words.

"Grazie." Louis says as the plate is set before him. His mouth is watering at the smell and all he wants to do is tuck in, but Harry wouldn't be Harry if he chose this exact moment to have a heartfelt speech. And of course, Louis wouldn't be Louis if he didn't love him for it.

"Louis, I'm so happy to be here with you. A few years ago I couldn't even think of getting married or having kids, I thought that I had lost my chance. But not only did I get all of that, I got that with the most beautiful person I've ever met. You are so perfect for me, as are our beautiful babies." He lifts this wine glass with his ring clad hand, holding it up. "To us."

Louis coos, his glass carefully meeting Harry's in the middle. "To us, Haz. I cannot even come close to explain what you mean to me and to be fair if I did know how to explain it, I wouldn't 'cause our pasta is getting cold and I've never been this hungry in my life."

Harry laughs at his ridiculous husband as the smaller doesn't waste any time, taking a first bite. A moan leaves his mouth as he swallows the bite, eyes squeezing closed in pure bliss.

"Oi, leave those faces for in the bedroom, they're only meant to be seen by me."

"Can't help it, it's so good." Louis mumbles around the fork. "How's yours?"

"It's lovely, great sauce." Harry says, scooping another bite on his fork, holding it out for Louis to taste.

Louis leans over the table to get the bite. "Wow that's great. Wanna taste mine?"

They enjoy their dinner together, talking and laughing until their glasses need a refill and their plates are scraped clean. "Want to share a dessert or do you wanna go back to our home for the week."

"I'd love a dessert but I can't eat another bite, too much pasta." Louis chuckles, "let's finnish the wine and stroll back to our home. Maybe you get lucky and I'll be dessert."

•••

•••

Hello everybody!

Hope you liked that double update. Next will be a smut chapter. Should I make it smut only so you can skip it if you're not into that or should I write the smut into a chapter?

What's some things they should do on their honeymoon at the Amalfi Coast?

X Emma