Ch. 9 Exploration

CH 9

The day had been terribly rough. A physical fight in his class between two testy boys had resulted in some unpleasant parent calls and a pair of matching suspensions. This put Gareth behind in his planning and grading, as well as late leaving the school. When he finally returned home, Franny had lost her new rain boots and Gabe was upset because his special educational appointments for diagnosing his possible learning disability had begun and he didn't like being withdrawn from class. Both were out of sorts, requiring conversations and hugs. Daisy needed help with her science project, which thankfully Phillip offered to oversee, and dinner, well it had gotten charred in the chaos. In the end, he'd said to hell with cooking and ordered a pizza, which brought its own round of troubles when choreographing toppings for five different palates. Finally, to add insult to injury, children balked at bedtime, and Phillip became overwhelmed by the fray, retreating to his bedroom.

Not every day was going to be a good one, and this one was one for the books. More than a few harsh words had been said between his children, and it was all he could do to maintain any sort of decorum. Once they were eventually settled and tucked in, Gareth leaned back on the velour sofa as he reviewed the math tests he promised to return by tomorrow. There were only a few left to grade as his eyes flickered closed and he succumbed to exhaustion. He would just rest his eyes for a little bit.

Hearing the house was finally quiet, Phillip put his novel aside and snuck out of his room to investigate. After all it was time for tea. Slightly passed in fact. Phillip leaned over the couch surveying the scene in the living room. Very definitely Gareth had fallen asleep. His lithe frame was curled along the cushions and his long lashes rested against his decidedly lovely angular cheek sprinkled with tiny little freckles. A throw pillow was tucked up under his head, and there was a slight snoring sound. Phillip studied the way Gareth's chest rose and fell with each breath, and the way his slender fingers were gently clutching his arms. Phillip got closer, but the man didn't even move.

Placing Gareth's fallen papers and marking pen carefully on the coffee table, his eyes lingered longer and lower on Gareth as he imagined what it would be like to hold him close, breathe him in, peel off his clothes, and... Phillip stood quickly, embarrassed at lusting after Gareth, his pants strained in the groin in a most inappropriate way, knowing that he'd have some interesting thoughts to keep himself occupied with in bed tonight. He licked his lips nervously.

Stepping quietly down the hall and into his room, Phillip pulled the duvet off his bed then stealthily returned to the living room, carefully draping it over Gareth's sleeping form. Gareth shifted suddenly, then rolled into the blanket bringing it closer. Phillip watched for a second or two, smiling at him longingly as the other man settled back into sleep. Then he went to his room, disrobed, and laying on his bed, desperately grasped at himself, full of want, wishing it was Gareth's tapered fingers rather than his own calloused ones wrapped around his hard member. He panted hard and heavy, trying to make sure he was quiet, stifling his soft moans with his pillow. Bringing himself to completion, he imagined Gareth's face, lips, and naked form.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Gareth woke as the first rays of sun filtered through the gauzy sheers of the living room. As he blinked he took a deep breath and realized he was enveloped in a familiar scent. Fresh and slightly mossy, definitely manly undertones, he inhaled deeply again, a wishful yearning flowing through him. Gareth looked at the blue duvet he was under, knowing Phillip covered him, and smiled, hugging the blanket tighter. It was a caring gesture and Gareth relished it.

When the sounds of the household became more apparent-the girls going to the bathroom and brushing their teeth, Gareth hoisted himself from his cozy nest, folding Phillip's duvet neatly over the back of the couch. He brushed himself off, straightened up his grading, then started on breakfast and the packed lunches.