Super Special (Part 7)

A.K.A. The one with the baby....

MPREG 7

The time was passing slowly. One week became two, then three, and Phillip was getting frustrated. He was huge, he was sore, he was grumpy, and really, he was lonely. Gareth made the three hour round trip drive once during the school week, and at least one day per weekend, and brought the kids twice. They also skyped nightly, but it just wasn't the same. It was funny, really. While in the hospital, he interacted with people more on a daily basis than he ever had before Gareth and the kids lived with him, and he couldn't figure out how he'd survived those lonely years. Although he still wasn't the most social person in the world, he needed Gareth, needed the kids, and needed the human interaction provided by whoever came by his room. He supposed he'd survived due to his gardening, because now, Scotty dropping by on a daily basis to deposit another plant into Phillip's makeshift greenhouse or take a recovering 'patient' away, was one thing that really helped keep him sane.

Jon, Mel's older brother and Scotty's husband, had visited twice, mostly to provide the muscle to deliver some basic gardening supplies. He was a structural engineer, and he and Phillip had a few interesting conversations around the incorporation of living walls into new office developments, not that it was really in Jon's area of expertise, but he did work in a firm with architects that were exploring this 'healthy building' option. Phillip also found it interesting to watch the dynamics of the long time couple, as aside from he and Gareth, he didn't really know any gay couples. Mostly Jon and Scotty were a lot like Vern and Mel, just with a more tame sense of fashion.

Phillip sighed heavily and tossed the Kindle aside. He was sick of reading novels, sick of playing the few apps he had on there, and shockingly enough, sick of the plants he was tending to. He wanted to walk around and do some laps of the halls, but that wasn't possible.  Even if he was allowed to be upright, he couldn't walk the halls and risk the other patients seeing him. It was sad that his only reprieve from bed was the quick bathroom trips he was allowed and the daily five minute showers. Phillip swung his feet over the side of the bed to make his way to the bathroom, again. He really needed to pee. Oddly, though, he felt damp. Had he become incontinent, too? He was loathe to admit that he'd actually peed a little bit the other day when he was laughing at one of Franny's jokes when she'd come on to skype with him. Damn pressure on his bladder. The baby inside him kicked to reiterate the point, and Phillip felt a warm dripping of fluid.

There was a light rap on his door, and Scotty poked his head in. "I'm just finished my shift and was heading out. I thought I'd check to see if I could get you anything." He looked at Phillip's stricken face, and the little puddle forming on the floor. "Oh shit. Stay there Phillip, your water's broken."

Phillip could feel the wetness beneath him, slowly soaking through his robe, running down his leg, gathering in his thick socks. Strangely, he was relieved he wasn't wearing his slippers. "What do I do?" He realized that this wasn't urine, it wasn't coming from his penis at all, and his face coloured in mortification.

"Just stay sitting. I'll get your nurse and call Gareth for you. The baby's early, but you are in the exact right place for that, so don't worry," Scotty reassured him.

"Should I get a towel or change of clothes? I'm afraid I've made a big mess."

"No, don't worry about it. Just stay there while I get someone," Scotty replied, motioning down the hall to the nurses station.

Phillip wasn't happy with the idea of just sitting. Instead he picked up his phone and dialled.

"Thank you for calling Parklane Elementary School, how may I direct your call?" Linda said.

"Hi Linda, it's Phillip." He addressed the secretary of Gareth's school, and one of his clients.

"Well, hello Phillip! To what do I owe the pleasure today?"