Ch. 19 Outings

CH 19

The morning was inevitably rushed. Phillip awoke with a start when it took him a second to realize where he was and with whom. He was definitely thrilled about the turn of events, and even more so when the man next next to him pulled him back down for lazy caresses and fondling. Their movements quickly changed into something heavier, however, and the condoms and lube were called into service again. Both men were eager to try switching it up, and both were happily fulfilled, enjoying being so close with one another and sharing so much.

After his heart rate returned to normal and gathering his wits about him, Phillip glanced at the clock. He had 45 minutes before he and Gareth were expected at Bentman's Garden Centre. Phillip had his usual Sunday shift, and Gareth was supposed to collect the children from Mel. "Gareth, we're going to be late!"

As much as both men wanted to loiter about in bed appreciating the post-coital bliss, it was not to be, so instead they shared a hurried shower while the coffee maker percolated away in the kitchen. The shower was definitely needed to clean away the evidence of what transpired between the two men, but having one together was still a welcome luxury, even if it was rushed. While Phillip went back down to the basement bathroom to attend to his teeth and dress in his work clothes, Gareth threw together a lunch for his boyfriend.

Boyfriend. Gareth revelled in the idea that he finally had someone that he could call a boyfriend. He truly thought he was never going to have the opportunity to have a real partner; someone he could care for and lust after. But now, he was so incredibly lucky to have found Phillip, a wonderful and giving man, someone he could share everything with. As he put the sandwich into a container, Phillip came up behind him and nuzzled the back of his neck, his slight stubble tickling and arousing. Gareth shivered and bit back a groan, ushering him towards the front hall instead, trying to be the responsible one, and sadly, succeeding.

"Are we going to tell the kids?" Phillip asked Gareth nervously as they drove towards their destination. The quiet of the car had his mind working in overdrive.

"I'm not sure. I mean I think they'll probably figure it out, what with us kissing and all," Gareth chuckled.

"Yes, but do we need to say something formal? And should we avoid contact with them around?" Phillip was getting quite worried. This was probably a bigger discussion that they should have had over breakfast, you know, if they'd had breakfast instead of letting their lust take over like a couple of horny teens, as the slight ache in his backside reminded him.

Gareth could see Phillip was getting anxious, and that wouldn't do at all. "Maybe we should just tell them we're a couple. They're bound to notice us sharing a bed."

"Huh." Phillip seemed almost puzzled by this notion. "What do you mean?"

"No boyfriend of mine is sleeping on a pullout couch when there's half of a perfectly good bed going to waste. In my room. With me." Gareth gave Phillip a nudge with his elbow and a cheeky wink.

"You're not worried we're rushing things?"

"Phillip, you're 28 and I'm 29. I think there are glaciers that have moved faster than we have," Gareth chortled thinking of some of his friends who had slept together on the first date, or he and Leeann, who had never even dated yet managed to have kids. Hooking up really didn't work well for him. But then he started to worry and the smile fell from his lips. Maybe Phillip was rethinking a serious relationship with him. "I mean if you want to sleep with me and all..."

"Of course I do, Gare. I just want to make sure that everyone will be okay."

"One thing I've learned is that there are no guarantees in life, but I can tell you that being with you makes whatever is going to happen that much more bearable. And you make me so incredibly happy." The car had come to a stop in the parking lot, so Gareth leaned over and gave Phillip a tender kiss. "Whatever happens, I can promise you we'll make this work."