Epilogue: Part 2, Still Christmas

A/N: Since the ....'s don't count, there's mature content near the end.

Epilogue: Part 2, The return of Leeann

As the men went to go back to the living room to be responsible hosts, they were interrupted by a knock at the door. Gareth grabbed Phillip's hand and audibly gulped. No matter how overwhelmed Phillip had been feeling before, now he was totally present and ready to be a support to his husband. "Hey, we can do this," he offered.

Gareth nodded and reached for the door. On the porch there was a family of three. Kyle, still very large, with his long hair and full beard, now more salt than pepper, and there were a few more wrinkles around his eyes. Leeann, looking somewhat anxious, and older, more....mom-like, and less party girl, tastefully dressed and her hair no longer dyed blonde, more of a toned down colour. She was still wearing make-up, but it wasn't heavy or lurid. And finally, standing at the door and peeking up was an adorable little boy with a tanned complexion like his father, dark brown wavy hair, deep brown eyes, and a nervous expression. Gareth couldn't help but feel for the little boy, his own children's little brother.

Rather than address the adults, Gareth squatted and talked to Xavier. "Well, hello there! You must be Xavier." The little boy nodded. "I have a few kids here that would love to meet you, and I think there might even be something from Santa here for you, too."

"Really?" His eyes lit up as they all walked in the house. "We have presents, too. I have two sisters and a brother. They live here."

Phillip took their coats and hung them up just as Daisy walked in the room. "Hello Kyle," she smiled, ignoring Leeann altogether, then kneeled down. "You must be Xavier! I'm Daisy, your big sister! Do you want to meet Gabe and Franny?"

Xavier looked back at his parents, and they nodded their approval before the young boy took Daisy's outstretched hand and she led him downstairs.

"I can't believe how grown up she's gotten," Leeann said, watching her go. "She's so big and mature!"

"She's always been mature, had to be," Gareth responded, then bit his tongue, because that probably wasn't the least confrontational comment he could have made.

"No, you're right, and I deserved that," Leeann offered, much to Gareth's surprise. "Uh, maybe we can talk. Phillip, you're welcome, too, since you're the children's parent, too." Phillip fought back the urge to say 'more than you,' because he didn't want to start an argument. She was trying, after all, and there were children in the house. But he would protect his husband and children if necessary, as would everyone else in the house, probably.

"Leeann, you good?" Kyle asked as his stomach grumbled.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why don't you get some food." Then she looked at the parents of her children, "I mean if that's okay with you?"

"Sure. Food's all laid out on the kitchen table. Grab a plate, then take it out to the living room," Gareth instructed as Phillip pointed the way.

Leeann popped her head around the three men and looked at the people sitting in the other room. "Oh, Hi, Mr and Mrs Lewis. Nice to see you, again." Gareth's parents didn't want to be polite, exactly, so they nodded in greeting. It seemed the safest bet.

Kyle quickly filled a plate with mini quiche, random hors d'oeuvres, turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes, and some vegetables. "Leeann still can't cook for shit, so I take it when I can get it," Kyle told Phillip. "I'm not going to nag her for it, she's got a lot going on."

Phillip nodded, and said, "I'm sure." Although he really wasn't. He wasn't sure if Leeann didn't get off easy again, using a child to have a house and access to money. But maybe Kyle was a bit different from Gareth.