Super Special (Part 8)

AKA: The absolute final chapter of the never-ending MPREG special.

MPREG 8

"I can't wait to see Daddy and Phillip and the baby!" Franny bounced in her seat. Mel was truly hoping that the little girl would have worn herself out by now, but apparently that wasn't happening. She was as springy as her ringlets.

Daisy looked over the top of her novel at her sister, "You do realize babies aren't that exciting. They cry, they poop, and they sleep."

"Yes, but I won't be the baby anymore!" Franny exclaimed gleefully.

"You aren't a baby, you're in grade one," Gabe retorted.

"Exactly! I have a baby brother!"

"Technically you have two baby brothers," Daisy reminded her. It brought a hush to the occupants of the vehicle, thinking about Leeann's new infant, their other new half brother, that they might not ever see.

"Mel, do you think Phillip and Daddy will still want us now that they have their new family?" Franny asked in a quiet voice, hesitant and anxious. She wasn't fully convinced that Leeann hadn't just replaced them with a newer, better family.

Daisy reached across the seat and grabbed Franny's hand. She realized her sister's fear, it was the same fear all three of them felt, even though Phillip got Bill to arrange the papers so that she, Daisy, was now a Cameron-Lewis, too.

Mel took a glance in the rear-view mirror and smiled at the children. "Of course they want you, all of you. The only family they have includes you, and wouldn't be complete without you. I remember how completely flummoxed Phillip was when he first met you guys. What would he do with kids? But after a few weeks he could never let you go. And now he has a baby to take care of, too? He's going to need you all more than ever!" she enthused. "Besides, he loves you guys, and so does your daddy. Now behave, with traffic it should only be another forty minutes or so."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"He's beautiful, Gareth," Phillip breathed, catching the scent of a newborn baby for the first time, that milky sweet scent that only the smallest of children seem to carry, which fortunately wasn't currently marred by a dirty diaper smell. Gareth carefully laid the infant down on Phillip's chest, which was bared somewhat because his gown had loosened. While the breathing apparatus was a little disconcerting, Gareth knew that it was the beating of his husband's heart that would comfort the baby the most. After all, it had been the soundtrack of his tiny little life for the past thirty-eight and a half weeks.

"He's gorgeous, is what he is. And the c-section means he has the cutest round head. Gabe was a conehead for a week or two." His hand rested softly on the baby's back and he smiled down at the pair. "Now, if we could just come to an agreement on a name."

The name of the baby had been a bit of an ongoing battle, Gareth having a hard time not comparing former students to the names that Phillip suggested, and Phillip not wanting to choose before seeing the boy.

Phillip strained to get his head to the right angle to fully take in the baby. He laced his fingers through Gareth's and rested the palm of his hand along the side of the small boy. "I think he looks like a James to me."

Gareth gave a light chuckle. "That might give my dad a bit of a swelled head. You know Jack is short for James, right?"

"Yes. But we could call him James or Jamie. It's a family name," Phillip reasoned in raspy tones. "I want his middle name to be Samuel."