Super Special (Part 6)

A.K.A. The chapter that's supposed to have a baby coming, but doesn't yet. There is a bit of naughty time ahead, though.

MPREG 6

Phillip reached across the console and laced his fingers through his husband's. Gareth gave a squeeze, then ran his thumb back and forth over Phillip's wedding band.

"Any regrets?" Gareth asked, glancing over at Phillip's slouching form, obviously exhausted from the day's activities.

Phillip's face showed a shy smile, almost like he'd been embarrassed by his outpouring of emotion earlier, in front of their closest friends and family, and responded with a quiet, "Never, Gare."

"Good, I was beginning to worry there for a moment." Gareth turned his eyes back to the road. "So, what would you like to do on our two day respite from the everyday?"

"Learn to knit? I mean it might come in handy once the baby's here. I could make sweaters and blankets, and diaper covers..."

"Diaper covers? What on earth are you talking about?"

"Well, they are more environmentally friendly," Phillip tried to explain. He'd been investigating all sorts of options for their new addition, and he wanted to be as ready as he could. Maybe Gareth knew what he was doing, but Phillip decidedly did not, and it scared the living fuck out of him.

Gareth gave a little chuckle, "Oh good lord, I was hoping that maybe we could take a break from baby talk, and heck, anything to do with the kids for just a day or two, and maybe focus on us?"

"Sounds good to me, Mr. Cameron-Lewis, although with the size of my belly, I'm not sure it's something that can be ignored."

"Not ignored, in fact, I plan on doing an up close and personal inspection as soon as we get to our room," Gareth said lasciviously.

Although Phillip was tired, he could certainly feel one part of him perk up at this naughty suggestion. "Are we there yet?" Phillip asked in a nasally whine, mimicking the kids.

The headlights of the vehicle illuminated a tasteful wooden sign by the side road next to a narrow gravel drive that snaked off into the trees. The Kingsbridge Inn was an eighteenth century manor home set deep into the forest overlooking the river at the top of a formidable rocky cliff. It really was one of the most beautiful spots in the region and had been converted to an inn and award winning restaurant years ago when the original family could no long maintain the ancestral home. As Gareth slowly piloted the new vehicle down the rutted trail, the building became visible in the distance. Both men were momentarily taken aback by the stone structure, but Gareth drove up to the front door and helped Phillip out of their new vehicle and placed their bags alongside his new husband at the entrance while he found a parking spot.

Gareth and Phillip entered their lavishly appointed room after registering at the front desk. A heavy wooden door opened into their suite. The three quarter length leaded glass windows had moonlight pouring into the room, with a view of the valley and there were royal blue heavy brocade curtain hanging on either side. While it wasn't a huge room, there was a small sitting area with leather club chairs and an oak table to one side of the impressive stately canopy bed. A few thick rugs were laid around the room on top of the polished hardwood floors. The stone fireplace had been converted from woodburning to gas, and the flames gave the room a warm feel. There was a bottle of sparkling cider resting in a metal ice bucket along with two long-stemmed glasses sitting on the bedside table.

Gareth walked around the room, taking in all the details, while Phillip noted the very healthy heliotrope and palms in cast iron planters near the window. They were well taken care of and accurate to the time period, a detail that Phillip very much appreciated. He slipped off his shoes then stepped onto the thick, woolen carpet near the fireplace, allowing his feet to sink into the softness as he lowered himself into one of the chairs.