2. Determined

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 2: Determined

A few days had passed since you signed the adoptive papers, and agreed to adopt this child with Yongguk, and even move into his house.

You looked around your room, and a deep sigh escaped through your lips as you packed your last stuffs.

It felt weird that you had to leave your place. You had so many memories here, and now you had to leave it.

You had shared this apartment with your best friend Soo Min, who is overseas, and studying. She would use the apartment once she comes back.

However, despite feeling sad about leaving your apartment, you were doing it for Ki Joon's sake. That's all that matters to you, and you had already set your mind on it. Besides, once your friend Soo Min returns, you could come and visit her.

Yongguk also kept appearing in your dreams, his words and his strong actions, how he said that you would sign the papers if you weren't weak.

You wanted to prove him wrong. You weren't weak, and you were ready to do anything for this adoption.

You groaned aloud, and kicked the box. In that moment, your best friend Taecyeon happened to enter your room, and see you do that. He crossed his arms, and a grin formed on his face. He laughed as he saw your temper. 

"Why are you so violent?" He asked with a laugh.

You froze, when you heard your friend Taecyeon, and you quickly straightened your shirt, hair, and looked at him with raised brows.

He was standing at your doorframe, and gazing at your things. Your room was a mess, and your underwear was piled on your bed.

His eyes happened to fall upon it, and he chuckled, and quickly averted his gaze to the side. You looked at it, and hurriedly pulled your bedcover over your underwear. You felt your face heat up of embarrassment.

"Taecyeon, how many times have I told you to knock on the door?" You groaned.

He laughed, and walked up to you, and you stood still, staring into his eyes.

"You called for my help remember?" He smiled coyly.

Then he bent down, grabbed one of the box from the floor, and walked with it, out of the room. You could hear him laugh.

You sighed as he left the room, and you quickly tossed your underwear in the box, before he came back.

Taecyeon, and you finished packing the things hours later, and you finally sat down at the dining table with coffee in your hand.

You sighed deeply, you felt tired, and restless. There weren't many days left till Ki Joon moves into Yongguk's house. You needed to pack your things as well, and move into Yongguk's house.

Taecyeon tilted his head, and gazed at your tired face. He made a face, and kicked your leg, gently under the table, and made you turn your gaze back at him, snapping you out of your reverie.

"What's the matter Sera? You look so worried." He asked in a deep, and worried tone.

You were silent as you looked down on the hot coffee, and you sighed to yourself. You slid your fingers through your dark hair, and pulled it the side. You thought about the adoption, and moving into Yongguk's house.

You didn't know anything about the man. But despite that, Yongguk didn't seem like someone, who was untrustworthy, although he was rude, and cold.

Taecyeon gazed at you, and he rested his chin on his palm, and leaned forward, staring into your eyes.