43. Persuasion

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 43: Persuasion

The alarm from your phone buzzed at six am. You let out a whine. You slept too late and hadn't got enough sleep.

You weren't ready to get up, but you had work at nine am, and you need to get Ki Joon ready for kindergarten.

The bed was so warm and cozy that you didn't want to get out from it. However, it felt a bit hard and solid. You stiffened, because it was odd.

You slowly lifted your eyelids. Instantly, your eyes widened of horror, and you gasped of surprise, when you saw Yongguk right next to you. He was so close to you. He was sleeping and breathing so deeply and soundly.

For a second, you had almost forgotten that you share a room now. Your eyes wandered down his chest.

You must have fallen asleep on his chest. You sighed deeply and rolled over to the other side of the bed.

Slowly and carefully, you slipped out of the bed, and tiptoed to the closet. You stopped and stole a glance at Yongguk, who was in a deep sleep.

You opened the closet, but froze, when Yongguk made a sudden sound. You closed the closet again. You were being careful not to make any sudden sound. You had to wait with finding clothes.

You never knew when this man would suddenly wake up, just like how he woke up from his nap yesterday evening, when you had... You froze.

No, you couldn't think of that right now. You bit onto your bottom lip, you wanted to groan, you wanted to toss a pillow at him.

How could he just go to his studio afterwards and act like nothing? You huffed out deeply and left the room.

Much to your surprise, just as you had stepped into the hall, the door to Ki Joon's room opened and the little boy stepped out into the hall with tired eyes, and messy hair. He glanced at you with half-lidded eyes.

You walked up to him quickly. You got down and pulled him in for a hug. Ki Joon stood still. A moment after, he leaned into you and rested his head in the crook of your neck. You rubbed his back gently.

"Did you sleep well?" You asked.

Ki Joon simply nodded. His eyes were puffy, and he looked more than adorable, when he was sleepy. You smiled to him.

"I need to take a shower. Do you want to watch tv?" You asked, and he nodded. "You can rest whilst I get ready." You suggested, and he nodded once again.

He rubbed his tired eyes and strode off. You watched him walk off to his room. Then you took off to shower and get ready.

Ki Joon was still in his room, when you came back out after showering. You wore a bathrobe and peaked into his room to check up on him.

Ki Joon sat on his bed and watched a cartoon. He looked sleepy but awake now. You smiled to yourself and walked off to get dressed.

You were headed to your old room, when it dawned on you that your clothes were placed in Yongguk's room now. You made a turn and headed towards Yongguk's bedroom.

"Oh, God." You gasped, when it dawned on you that Yongguk was still asleep.

You had to be quiet. You breathed deeply, preparing yourself. You stopped in front of the door, grabbed the door handle, slowly and carefully opened the door. It made a small creaking sound and you stiffened.