35. Missing Him

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 35: Missing Him

You sat at the coffee shop and took a sip of your cold ice coffee. It was just ten in the morning, and you had a day off from work.

Ki Joon was in kindergarten for an outing trip. And Yongguk was overseas, for his business trip. You sighed deeply and took another sip of your drink.

Yongguk had been gone for three days now, and you didn't know when he would return. He left after saying goodbye to Ki Joon.

He hadn't uttered a word to you. He had only given you a single glance and told he would call once in a while to talk with Ki Joon.

"I can't believe that guy turned out to be a creep!" Soo Min gasped.

"I shouldn't have left you girls alone." Taecyeon grunted.

Taecyeon had been angry since you told him about the incident. He gazed at you with his jaw clenched and dark eyes.

"The police settled it. That guy is in jail now. Apparently, he's drugged other girls too." You said and shuddered of revolt.

"That is so scary." Soo Min gasped with wide and fearful eyes, and you nodded. "I am not going to that club ever again." She stated in a clear tone and took a sip of her refreshing orange juice.

"Well, I am never clubbing again, or drinking." You stated.

"That's a good choice, ladies, don't ever club." Taecyeon nodded to himself with an approving look.

You scrunched your eyes at Taecyeon, and he shook his shoulders at your glare. You scrunched your nose and broke off the gaze. You stared off as your thoughts drifted away.

Someone certain told me clearly not to club again, and I promised not to drink. He was quite clear with his words.. really clear.

Soo Min glanced towards Taecyeon, who kept his eyes on you, and he finally took a sip of his coffee.

Then he glanced on the watch on his wrist. Your eyes were on the street, and you looked at the clear blue sky.

"Do you have something important to do?" Soo Min asked as she looked at Taecyeon, and he shook his head.

"No, why?" He asked.

"You just keep looking at your watch." She said to him. "And you keep looking out, are you distracted?" Soo Min asked as she turned to look at you, making you snap back to reality.

"Sorry, I just miss Ki Joon." You said.

Soo Min sighed deeply, pursed her lips into a thin line and gave you and understanding look.

"What time is he back from his trip?" She asked.

"Around two pm." You replied.

"I'll pick Ki Joon up at two pm." Taecyeon offered quickly.

"Thank you." You said, and he smiled. "It's nothing."

"You said that Yongguk has gone to America?" Soo Min asked, and you nodded.

Taecyeon leaned forward the table, looking into your eyes with slightly narrowed eyes, seeming interested.

"When will he be back?" He asked, and you shrugged.

"He said he could be gone for a few days or a week. I don't know." You told.

"You must love being alone at home without him." Taecyeon said with a smile, and you shrugged.