62. The Kwon Family's Antics

Twist Of Fate
Chapter 62
The Kwon Family's Antics

Standing outside your parent's house, you kept a straight face, and waited anxiously for the door to open.

Yongguk stood beside you with Ki Joon. Yongguk held a basket filled with fruits and chocolates, which he bought on the way.

"You know, you didn't have to get that." You said as you looked at the basket.

He tipped his head to the side. His dark eyes searched through yours. You pursed your lips, stared back into his eyes, when he gave you that silent hard look.

"I am doing this, because I've not seen your mother in a while, and I hope she forgives me for being gone for so long." He stated with a nonchalant look.

You opened your mouth, about to reply, but the front door opened, causing you to turn around and look out. Your mother stood at the front door.

"Mom." You chimed happily but got ignored right away.

"Yongguk-ah, Ki Joon my little honey pumpkin." Your mother squealed and beamed.

You stiffened, when she reached her arms out, and pulled Yongguk in for a tight hug. He let out a low chuckle as she patted his back like he was her child.

"You finally came." She sighed as she hugged Yongguk. He wrapped his arms around your mother and smiled ever so brightly.

"I'm sorry, we haven't been visiting enough." Yongguk said, looking into her eyes, when your mother finally pulled back. She shook her head and patted his back once more.

"Come here my little boy" She cooed with a bright smile as her eyes drifted down at Ki Joon, who was holding onto Yongguk's hand.

It was as though, your mother didn't even care about you right now, or anymore, in fact. Not since these two men entered in your life and you had been missing.

You didn't mind getting ignored, because of Ki Joon as he steals all the spotlight around you, which was given as he is adorable and quite normal.

However, what wasn't normal was the fact that Yongguk was getting so much affection and attention from your mother, and even more than you.

You scrunched your face, looked the other way as your mother went on about how much she has missed Yongguk, and the little boy.

"Sweetie, go inside and greet grandpa and uncle Hyuk." You mother cooed, and Ki Joon nodded.

"Yes." He chimed. Ki Joon entered the house. He rushed away to find your father and brother.

Then your mother continued, when she looked back at Yongguk. She still hadn't looked at you. You knew she was very-very mad at you.

"How is your work?" She asked, and Yongguk smiled.

"It's going well. The company is having its third anniversary soon." Yongguk told, and your mother gasped.

"Oh- congratulations. You have to tell me all about that." She chimed and hugged him once more. Yongguk let out a low chuckle and hugged your mother again.

Not even once did she look at you. At this point you might as well just evaporate into the thin air. You sighed deeply.

Since, your mother didn't pay attention to you as she was so invested in Yongguk, you could escape from facing a possible beating from her. You cleared your throat.

"It's nice to see you too mom. Now, I'm coming through." You broke out casually and tried to make a way out past her.

"You little brat get over here." She exclaimed as she turned on her heels, storming after you into the hall. You were just a few feet away from her.