64. Her Pillar

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 64

Her Pillar

Not even an hour had passed by, when the door to the room opened, and his friends stormed in with puzzled looks. They all looked over frantically at the hospital bed where the kid was sleeping.

Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and Junhong all looked pale and worried. Just when their heads turned in Yongguk's direction, Yongguk pressed his finger to his lips, shushing them before they opened their mouths to ask questions like a fountain.

Yongguk nodded down at the sleeping you on his lap, making their eyes wander down. They all tensed up like statues, when they finally noticed you sleeping.

Then they walked up to Ki Joon's bed and saw that he was sleeping peacefully. Junhong had a frown, and a pout.

"What happened?" Himchan whispered.

Yongguk took in a deep breath. His eyes drifted down to you. You were sleeping, breathing in and out quietly. He clenched his jaw. Not moving at all, he looked back at his friend.

"He had an accident at an outing today. He fell and received a concussion. He also has a radius fracture. And he is still unconscious." He explained in a low tired voice.

"This has to be a lie." Daehyun said in disbelief as he ran his hand through his hair in denial.

Jongup, Youngjae and Junhong walked over to the bed and looked down at the boy. They all seemed paled and stunned, not knowing what to do of themselves.

"Hey, kiddo, your uncles are here, you can wake up now." Junhong said as he stroked the boy's hair.

"How is Sera doing?" Youngjae asked in a low tone as he glanced down at you.

Yongguk sighed deeply and ran his hand down the length of his face. He didn't dare to move an inch, in fear of waking you up from your nap.

"She is really disheartened and scared." He said in a low tone.

"How about you, hyung, how are you?" Youngjae asked.

"I have to be strong for her." He said quietly.

"You are really dealing with this well." Himchan said.

Yongguk didn't know what to say and just remained quiet. He truthfully didn't know how to deal with it.

The guys had brought stuffed animals, flowers, and chocolate for the kid, which they placed on the table near the window. Jongup poured fresh water into the vase and put the flowers in.

Youngjae suddenly nudged Himchan's arm and nodded towards Yongguk. Himchan scrunched his face and looked at his friend, who sat quietly with you on his lap.

They noticed how Yongguk didn't move, not even an inch. They hadn't seen him act this way before, so careful and cautious.

Yongguk's hand moved along your back, carefully and tenderly. He caressed your back as though it came natural to him. They raised their brows and stared at one another with a knowing look.

They couldn't hide their grins and surprised looks. Himchan had to give them a discreet warning before Yongguk would notice.

However, they chose to let it slide for now. It wasn't the place or right time to tease neither of you.

A sudden movement by you, made Yongguk tense up. You clutched onto his blouse, when you lifted your eyelids, slowly looked up at him with a tired expression, and he didn't know what to do of himself.