36. Portrait

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 36: Portrait 

The curtains were pulled aside, letting the strong rays of sun enter your room. You cursed at yourself for forgetting to pull the curtains before going to bed.

It was only seven am. But you figured it was a good thing that you were up early. You could make breakfast, and wake Ki Joon up. He usually wakes up earlier than you.

You ruffled your long hair messy hair and walked out of your room. You stepped into the hall, and carefully opened Ki Joon's door to peak into his room.

The boy was still sleeping, and you smiled and shut the door back. A soft sigh escaped through your lips.

Usually, in the mornings, you would make breakfast, and Yongguk would dress Ki Joon, or it would be the opposite, when he was home.

You shook your head, when you realized that he crossed your mind. You stepped back from Ki Joon's door and went to wash your face and brush your teeth.

You stared at your reflection in the mirror whilst brushing your teeth, and you furrowed your brows.

The last time you had spoken with Yongguk, you had argued, cried, and then he had called you in the middle of the night to apologize.

You weren't sure if you had cleared things now after your last call. You fell asleep during the call, and he hadn't called you since. You shrugged.

"Can't believe I actually shed tears." You mumbled and washed your mouth with water afterwards.

It didn't take long to fix a breakfast for the two of you, because you only had to make breakfast for two, and not three after all.

You knew exactly what to make. You usually had to ask Yongguk what he wanted to have. But you knew what Ki Joon liked to eat for breakfast.

You ushered to Ki Joon's room to wake him up. You gently opened the door and strode up to his bed.

The corner of your lip tugged up to a smile as you leaned over him, and you stroked his cheek gently.

A soft sigh escaped through your lips as you gazed at his angelic sleeping face. It was the most peaceful look you had ever seen.

The little boy scrunched his nose and moved his lips slightly at the light touch, and your smile grew wider.

You seated next to him, and slowly pulled his duvet down a bit. He scrunched his face, slowly waking up.

"Ki Joon-ie, wake up?" You called softly.

"Is Yongguk home?" He mumbled with closed eyes.

You stiffened and stared at him. You gulped hard and looked the other way. He made small sounds as he was yawning and stretching his little arms.

"He is not back yet, honey." You said in a small voice as you turned to look at him.

Instantly, you saw his face drop. He stared at you, and then his eyes fell to his lap. He sighed deeply and frowned suddenly.

"When is Yongguk coming home?" He asked as he folded his arms over his chest, and you couldn't help but to smile now as he was getting mad.

You copied his gesture and scrunched your face as well. The both of you had an equally sour look on your faces.

"How dare he not come home. It's been a week now." You stated and scoffed.

Ki Joon stared at you with a blank look, looking bewildered for a moment, when he saw you get furious.