19. Different Side

Twist of Fate

Chapter 19: Different Side

Two weeks had passed since Ki Joon started in kindergarten, things were going slow, but fine and you were getting him ready for kindergarten. Since two weeks had passed and he seemed to be doing well, you could finally get back to your work.

You said that you would take Ki Joon to kindergarten and Yongguk could pick him up. But you wanted to get him ready.

Ki Joon was in the bathroom with you and the both of you were still in your pajamas. You wore a long and oversized black t-shirt. Ki Joon and you were standing in front of the sink and brushing your teeth. Since Ki Joon was small and short, you helped him wash his toothbrush.

He looked at you as he brushed his teeth and washed his mouth. You looked down at him and giggled.

"Well done." You praised him.

"Now, let's wash your face." You said and he nodded.

Yongguk walked up to the bathroom and he knocked on the door, knowing that the two of you were washing.

"Come in." You said.

Yongguk slowly opened the door and his eyes landed on you first, to see if you were properly dressed. He saw your long-oversized t-shirt that went to your knees. You had your hair pulled up in a bun, and he rarely saw you like this.

You looked at Yongguk, he was dressed for work and your cheeks suddenly heated up, because you had just washed your face and brushed your teeth. You were still in your pajama and you weren't wearing any makeup at all. Yongguk rarely saw you like this, as you had been hiding from him.

"Need any help in here? I still have some time left." He said.

"I need to wash Ki Joon's face." You said.

Yongguk's eyes wandered to the little boy, who was standing beside you and he placed his toothbrush back in the holder. He looked up, and Yongguk knew that the kid couldn't reach the sink and he needed to be carried up.

You looked at Yongguk as he happily walked up to the boy, and in a matter of seconds, he lifted up Ki Joon in his strong arms.

"Did you brush your teeth?" He asked and the little boy nodded.

Yongguk chuckled- "Good job." He said and the boy smiled.

You turned on for the faucet. Yongguk looked at the boy and asked him if he wanted to try to wash his face and he nodded. Yongguk then moved him towards the faucet and Ki Joon couldn't help but giggle and he touched the water.

You looked at the two playful boys, and Ki Joon moved his hands under the water and he splashed it on his face.

"Rub your face." Yongguk said and the little boy listened and rubbed his face with his small hands and you giggled.

Yongguk suddenly looked at you and chuckled. He watched you open the drawer and take out his lotion.

"Good Job, Ki Joon-ie. We are done now." He said, but the little boy began to splash with the water.

Yongguk laughed. "Okay now, kiddo, you can stop."

Ki Joon giggled and he turned off for the faucet and he put the boy back down. Yongguk let out a small groan and you laughed.

"We should buy a little chair for him, which he can stand on and wash his face." You said as you looked at Yongguk.

He met your gaze and nodded. He liked your idea and it would be convenient for the pair of you.