52. The Surprise Visit

Twist Of Fate
Chapter 52
The Surprise Visit

Standing outside the building with the kid next you and the lunchboxes in the bags, the realization finally hit you, that you were here, about to surprise Yongguk.

This was completely unlike you. You weren't one to make surprises, only for your close friends and family. You had never made a surprise for Yongguk before.

For a moment, you stood still, staring out at the modern building with an industrial and minimalistic look. The building was grey, had windows on every floor. There were only three floors. The bright sun's rays reflected through the clear glass windows.

At the top of the building was a logo made of metal and the letters read 'CONSENT MEDIA'. Your eyes flickered to the metal door.

There was a small logo there, of something circular- two half rings meeting in the middle and one on top that pointed upwards. You narrowed your eyes. You hadn't seen such a symbol before. 

You shook your head and looked up at the clear blue skies. You scrunched your face, wondering to yourself what in the earth you were doing here.

But then your eyes automatically drifted down to the little kid, who stood next to you, and he was looking at the building with big eyes that shone of excitement.

That's right! This is for Ki Joon. I am totally not here because I am curious about Yongguk's work life, how his company looks, what he does at work, who he works with, and it's absolutely not because I want to see him, nope, totally not.

You convinced yourself and smiled brightly. This was for Ki Joon. He would be happy to see his dad's workplace.

"Come, Ki Joon." You beamed and finally began to move.

You led the way to the front door, Ki Joon followed suit, chirping to himself in awe as his eyes scanned the place.

"I'm so excited." He beamed.

You took in a deep breath, wondering about how you would enter the building as you didn't have the security code. You stopped at the entrance.

There was an intercom, and you pressed on the button that said 'visitors. A second after, a female voice could be heard through the intercom speakers. You stiffened and frowned upon hearing a smooth and vibrant female voice.

"Who's this, and who are you visiting?" The female voice asked.

Your lips parted but closed as Ki Joon broke out.

"This is Park Ki Joon, and I am visiting the president Bang Yongguk, and my uncles, who work here." Ki Joon piped out, vibrantly. He jumped on his feet a bit.

There was a moment of silence.

"Mr. Park Ki Joon? Mr. Bang hasn't planned any visits from anyone." The woman spoke in a clear tone.

"Planned visit?" Ki Joon repeated with a confused look and his eyes drifted up to you, and you didn't know how to respond, and looked just as confused as the kid.

"How old are you, kid?" She asked.

"I am four!" Ki Joon piped.

"Well, you need an appointment first." She said in a firm tone.

You gasped, how could she speak like that to a kid?

"Excuse me, we've planned a surprise visit for Yongguk." You finally said.

"And who's this?" She asked.

"I am Kwon Sera, open the door, please." You said in an annoyed tone.