68. A Warm Gesture

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 68
A Warm Gesture

Story by seoul_lover

The house was too quiet. You lived with an incredibly quiet man, and a little boy who was almost as quiet as his father.

You flipped the pancake on the pan, listening to the sound of the toy cars scrape against the wooden floor in the living room.

The kitchen was filled with the smell of frying butter, maple syrup, blue berries. The buttery smell filled your nostrils, making your stomach tie in knots.

You breathed in deeply, wiped your hands off on the apron, smearing the dough on the blue cotton apron with flower prints, you turned around to look at the kid.

Ki Joon sat on the floor in front of the sofas, quietly playing with his cars. They had a race. The red var vs the green.

It had already been a week since he discharged from the hospital. The first days off, you made sure to keep Ki Joon company, entertain him, and make him happy.

You would watch movies, play puzzles, play football in the backyard, join Ki Joon with his games, but he seemed really bored. You were running out of ideas of what to do with him.

However, the last two days, he has not been cooperative or energetic like usual. For example, when you suggested a few things to do, he would shake his head and turn down your offer.

You had no idea about what to do and started to become worried. You heaved another sigh, knowing he probably missed his best friends from his kindergarten.

Hence, you were making pancakes, his favorite, to make him cheer up. It is alright to learn to be bored.

You did not want to see him be upset or sad, which it seemed like. His head was lowered, his lips puckered, and he let out a little sigh.

The car in his hand moved to left and right. It seemed like a repetitive motion. It was so evident that he was bored.

He was dealing better now with the cast on, but you were not ready to send him to his kindergarten with a cast on. He had stopped complaining about the cast, almost.

Regarding the toad, he had locked himself in his studio the entire morning. He had come out to get a piece of toast earlier and that was the last time you saw him.

You turned off the stove, placed the final pancake on the plate, and took off. Storming towards Yongguk's scared place, you knocked on the door a few times.

"Come in." He broke out.

You opened the door, stepped inside, and stared out immediately, becoming stiff. He was not wearing a shirt. You pursed your lips and forced your eyes to stay up.

Why in the world is he shirtless? It isn't summer.

Somehow, your feet became still, your eyes drifted away from him, from his exposed chest and tattoos. You had to look away right away.

You had to look anywhere else but on his exposed skin, his tattoo that covered up his pecs and up to his collarbones reaching to his shoulders.

You looked up at the ceiling, to the art that hung on his walls, to the frames with records of his work and achievements, to then rub your neck, slowly feeling your cheeks turn wam.

There was something you had to tell him, something important. There was a reason why you showed up in his studio.

What was it again?