26. Sunrays

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 26: Sunrays

There was a loud sound coming from Yongguk's studio room three in the afternoon. You just walked into the house after finishing an early morning shift from seven am to two pm. You felt a bit tired after having been at the orphanage and with the kids.

You arched a brow and stared out in the hallway. You couldn't hear anyone, but the sounds of loud music. You wondered what was going on.

It was Friday, and Yongguk was home. You wondered if he had taken Ki Joon to kindergarten or picked him up. You decided to follow the loud sounds.

As you approached his studio, you could hear what the song was. It was a song from the famous band named BIGBANG. A group you were a fan of.

You hadn't figured that Yongguk was a fan of BIGBANG, but here you were, hearing BIGBANG. You could finally hear the sounds as you approached the room.

'bang bang bang'

You suppressed your laughter. It was Ki Joon who was singing. You didn't knock on the door, as you wanted to surprise him, but also catch them in whatever they were doing. Probably having a son and father bonding moment whilst you had been gone for work.

You stood at the door, leaning against the door frame. You stared out with wide eyes. Ki Joon was dancing on the carpet to the music, looking happy and vibrant, and just so cute. His little dance moves made him look so charming.

On the other hand, Yongguk's head was buried in some paperwork, he seemed to be writing in a notebook.

You wondered about how he could focus in that loud sound. He hadn't even heard you open the door, so he hadn't seen you, obviously.

He had his MacBook in front of him, and his email was open. You narrowed your eyes, and read the mail. He was sending lyric sheets to some composer. 

You walked up to Ki Joon, ruffled his hair, and earned a big smile from him. You then turned down the volume on the speakers.

"Ki Joon?" Yongguk called with his back against the two of you.

You pursed your lips, hiding your grin, because he still hadn't noticed you. Yongguk thought that Ki Joon turned down the volume. "Want me to change the song, what do you want to hear?" He asked the boy.

"The three bears!" Ki Joon shouted.

"Again?" Yongguk asked, and you could register the hint of tiredness in his tone.

You quickly figured that he had kept Ki Joon home today. He had his MacBook connected to his speakers through Bluetooth.

You finally cleared your throat, you saw him raise his head, fix his posture, and then he spun around in his office chair, and faced you.

"Kwon." He breathed out surprised.

"When did you come?" He asked.

You finally walked up to him, and leaned down to see at the papers he had been writing on with a black pen.

You stood so close to him that you could smell his aftershave. You breathed deeply, and instantly, his scent filled your nostrils.

Yongguk turned to look at you, his eyes narrowed. Your hair fell over your face and you were reading his lyrics closely.

The words he had written made your cheeks heat up. It wasn't some bubbly, cute love song. It was song about lovemaking, and you pulled away, feeling flushed.

Oddly, you started to feel uncomfortable, and you rubbed the back of your neck. Yongguk kept his eyes on you, and he saw you freeze.

'Banana shake, flying on a strawberry sky canvas'