0.5

Alec

"What the hell are you guys doing here?"

"I uh we heard of some demon reports." Jace fails at an excuse.

"You know that we're parabatai right? That means I know when you're lying."

"Being parabatai also means being there for each other Alec. You keep leaving me! That's not what a good parabatai does."

"You have no idea what's going on with me right now. You have no idea Jace." I yell loudly and notice that everyone backs away as Jace and I continue our argument.

"Well obviously because you haven't been around!" He screams in my face.

"You have no idea how hard it's been to be away from him Jace." I say quietly as he seethes in my face.

"Who is he? You were fine with Magnus. What makes him special?" I can feel his rise anger as mine slowly diminishes. "I know he scares you Alec. I can feel how scared he makes you."

"I am not scared of him Jace."

"Well maybe you should be! How long have you known him? Two days at most?" He turns away from me as if looking at me hurts him.

"He imprinted on me." I say quietly.

"What did you just say to me?" Jace turns angrily back to me. I can't hold his eyes as they burn into me.

"He imprinted on me." Jace glares at me, his fury taking the words from his mouth. His distaste for me in this moment causes me to let out a small cry of pain.

"I'm new to this whole thing, what does that mean?" Simon asks obnoxiously.

"Real wolves have one mate for their entire lives. Their entirely loyal to them, they'll even lay with their dying mate, they won't eat, sleep, or move as their mate dies. They would rather die than live with out them. It's rare but occasionally werewolves find a mate by imprinting on another werewolf. Its even more rare given the type of werewolf that the boy is and that Alec isn't also a werewolf." Izzy speaks quietly while looking at me sadly, as if this is a death sentence.

"How could you let him do this to you Alec?" Jace asks.

"I didn't ask for this Jace, but I don't regret it. Im not scared of him, Im scared of losing him."

"I don't know about you guys, but I need a drink." Simon says braking the long silence following my confession. "Any good downworld bars around here Alec?"

I glare at the vampire and nod my head slightly thankful for his distraction. We end up in a club that I don't know the name of and I walk straight to the bar.

"This is a gay bar Alec, or did you not notice that." Izzy says laughing slightly.

"I didn't notice, it has alcohol so I don't really care." I say waving to the bar tender.

"Of course you don't care, you are gay. Also when did you become such a heavy drinker?" She asks watching me slam back two shots easily.

"I dated Magnus have you met him?" I say turning around and catching the eye of a few of the boys in here. Jace and Simon look slighting uncomfortable but Clary and Izzy both giggle to each other.

"How you doing sweetheart?" A husky voice asks beside me. I don't think that my body has ever reacted so violently to a voice. I flinched and my hand shot out to grab his neck and pin him against the bar.

"I'm with someone so why don't you leave." He looks scared and quickly runs away once I release him.

"Another round." I yell loudly. Jace ignores me for the next few hours as I continue to slam back drinks and he dances with Clary. Izzy and Simon are off doing god knows what and I'm sat alone at the bar.

"My names Ethan, please don't attack me like you did to that other guy." A boy says politely once he takes a seat next to me.

"Alec." I reply not looking at him.

"I hear you're friends with Isaac. I happen to also be friends with Isaac." He says after ordering a drink for me and himself.

"How do you know Isaac?" I ask finally turning to face the boy. He's more attractive than I expected. Light brown hair and deep brown eyes. I can tell he's shorter than me, like everyone. He smiles at me with perfect shining white teeth before flashing blue eyes at me.

I role my eyes and turn my head back to my drink. "Is there anyone human in this town?" I ask.

"Eh, maybe one or two." He laughs.

"Do you think you could do me a favor?" He asks, his voice getting serious. Before I can reply Simon comes running up to us and slams into me.

"Your sister is crazy!" He exclaims, trying to catch his breath.

"Were you not aware of this?" I ask my eyes flicker over to Ethan who's clenching his jaw tight in frustration.

"No I mean I was but like what she wanted to do, man, no. Not in public like this." He says and turns to see Ethan. "Lewis, Simon Lewis. I'm dating his sister."

"Simon shut up." I groan and massage my temples.

"Whats wrong?" Jace asks coming back from the dance floor with Clary.

"Nothing. I just want to leave. You guys can stay at my place if you want I have a spare room and a pull out couch." I inform them and head to the exit. I hear them following me so I don't stop until I'm all the way back to my place.

I open the door for them and Izzy and Simon immediately run to the guest room. Clary makes a sound of complaint before heading to the couch to begin to pull it out.

"Are we okay?" I ask Jace quietly as he begins to walk towards her.

"I can feel him Alec, I can feel him between us." He says with his back facing me.

"I can't change this, it is what it is Jace there's nothing I can do." He turns back to me and his eyes are wet with unshed tears.

"I know." He makes his way to Clary and they settle themselves on the couch as I head into my room. My closet is open but I don't pay attention to it as I strip my shirt off and sit on the bed.

Strong arms and legs wrap around me, surprising me and cause me to flinch. It only takes a moment to realize its Isaac when he places a soft kiss against my neck.

"I missed you." He whispers softly against my skin. I can't form words, his lips on my neck and his hands slowly making their way up my torso making it hard to think.

"You smell." He says and breaks away slightly so he can turn my head to look me in the eyes.

"That's a little rude." I say softly and lean towards his lips. He holds my jaw tightly and glares at me.

"Who were you with?" He asks sternly.

"There was a boy named Ethan, he said he was a friend of yours." This causes him to glare harder at me.

"I hate Ethan, and his more evil twin." I can't take my eyes off his lips as he speaks, barely able to process the words he saying.

"Kiss me." He glares at me and ignores my request, flipping us over so I'm laying underneath him.

"What were you doing with Ethan?" His voice isn't his regular voice, it's deeper, more serious.

"He just said that he was your friend and then Simon interrupted us and we left." I reply. He stares at me for a long moment before leaning down and softly placing his lips against mine.

"I really don't like him." He whispers against my lips.

"Why are we still talking about him. I told you I want you to kiss me and that was barely.." He cuts me off before I can complain more by slamming his lips down hard onto mine.