2.1

comment and vote cuties 💛 i appreciate your comments so much! updates will hopefully be more frequent

"Alec. I see now how much you need each other. I want you to go to him. I want you to be happy." Jace says holding the back of my neck and looking into my eyes.

"I can tell you don't really feel that way Jace. You want me to be happy and I can feel that, but you don't want me to be with Isaac and I don't know why." My chest feels lighter, finally confronting him.

"I don't know. I'm always so used to having you with me. I hate having to share you with someone else. You have always been the person closest to me and I'm starting to feel like I don't have you anymore. But... I'm willing to have share you, if it's the real you. I don't want to have all of you when you're like this. You're not you anymore since I took you away from him and I'm sorry. Alec I'm so sorry." Jace pulls me in for a hug and I hug him back hard. He means it. I know that he really wants me to be happy. The only way I can be happy is with Isaac.

Isaac comes out of the room looking disheveled. He stops in front of Jace and I for only a second before taking off sprinting. My eyes dart to a worried Izzy and that's all I need to see before I run after him. A hand pulls me to a halt before I can get very far.

"Alec wait. You'll need this, he's going after the twins. Be safe brother." Jace tells me handing me a pair of jeans and my stele.

I stare at the items before taking off again in a sprint without them. I'm a werewolf now like Isaac, I will protect him as a wolf. As I exit the hospital I drop the sheet around me and I make the change begin, I know I'm loosing time and falling behind but I'll catch up if I shift now.

I usually black out when the wolf takes over but everything is crystal clear as I race after Isaac. I have to get to him before anything bad happens to him.

"Goodbye my love." I hear him whisper as I charge into the school. I run faster than I thought possible and burst into the locker room. The twins stop charging at Isaac and look at me. I growl loudly at them and pounce before they are able to comprehend what they're seeing. I tackle Ethan and snap at him as he growls in my face. Aiden comes from behind me lifting me off his brother and digging his claws deep into my side. He drops me to the floor and goes for Isaac but I lunge for him before he can get to close, snapping at his legs.

"Aiden let's leave. You've hurt him and this doesn't need to end in death." Ethan says putting a hand on his brothers shoulder. Aiden takes a step back only to lunge at me and tackle me to the floor. I sink my teeth into his shoulder and then press them against his neck making him still immediately.

"Take your brother before Alec kills him." Isaac says and places a soothing hand on my head making me release my hold on Aiden. Ethan nods pulling Aiden to his feet and out of the now destroyed locker room.

"What the hell were you thinking!" Isaac yells at me placing a hand on my bleeding side. I change back, painlessly for the first time, and grab his hand with mine.

"I love you." I say looking into his light blue eyes. I don't pay attention to my bleeding body or my racing heart, only his eyes and the way he stares at me.

"You left me. Again." His eyes are filled with pain but he doesn't take his hand from mine.

"I'm yours. I promise. I'm yours and I'll never leave you. I'm yours Isaac." I tell him leaning my head against his chest.

"Jace." I look down at our intertwined hands and squeeze it.

"He put a loyalty rune on me." I point to the new rune on my back. "I could feel what he wanted me to do, and I was forced to do what ever he wanted me to do. It's as if no one else existed and all I wanted to do was protect him and make him happy. I was forced to leave you. But I wasn't happy, and he wants me to be happy so I came to you. You're my happy place Isaac." I tell him reaching up and pushing  his soft brown curls out of his eyes.

"What happens when he changes his mind?"

"I don't know." I tell him looking to the floor.

"You're so skinny Alec. What happened to you?" He asks rubbing his hands down my now healed side to press softly into my ribs.

"I was being torn apart. The rune kept my body with Jace, but my heart is always yours. I didn't know how to deal with it, so I didn't. I just cried and missed you."

"You can't just manipulate me into forgiving you again Alec. You have a habit of leaving me and I can't handle it another time. You've broken my heart too many times." He says pulling away from me.

"I'm yours. Now and forever. I love you. I'll never willing leave you again."

"You've told me that before Alec. I know you're hurting and I'm so sorry that you are, but I need to protect myself. I can't go through this again, I can't. I don't have you, I never have you've always been Jace's." He says turning always from me.

"They're permanent runes. There's nothing that I can do. They can't go away, this is who I am."

"Then we can never be together Alec. I want you so badly but I can't be with someone who might not be there the next time I wake up. I was ready to die Alec, I was ready to finally be at peace and you took that from me like you take everything!" He turns around and shoves me away from him.

"Take me. Isaac I'm yours. Destroy me if you want to, but I'm yours completely."

"No you're not! You were never mine!" He shouts at me and pushes me again.

"You can push me away, but I'll still be right here. I'm yours Isaac. Please baby." I reach out a hand to him and stare into his eyes waiting for him to answer me.

"I can't trust you."

"You don't have to trust me. Please just come with me. Let me show you something." He doesn't grab my hand but he reaches beside him and throws me clothes.

"Let's go."

-

I lead him through the forest, it's a far walk but it will be worth it. The Nematon.

"Why did you bring me here Alec?" Isaac asks, looking around the forest and avoiding glancing at the giant roots in front of us.

"Here's where you brought me after you changed me."

"Yes. And?"

"I need you to do something for me. I need you to rip off this rune." I tell him pulling my shift off and pointing to the loyalty rune. "I'll never get rid of my parabatai rune, not for anyone. But for you, I'll be stripped of this rune."

"You just told me it was permanent." He says placing a cold hand over the rune on my back.

"There is always loopholes. I need you to rip it off and then I'll change and I'll heal, theoretically." I bow my head and clench my hangs together.

"What do you mean rip it off! Theoretically? Have you ever done this before?"

"No, but I want to prove myself to you. I'd do anything for you. I'd go through any pain for you. I love you Isaac."

Isaac's eyes fill with tears and he crouches to the ground. He reaches out and places his hands on my shoulders, leaning his forehead against mine.

"I could never hurt you like that Alec. I don't ever want to hurt you. I just need time. We need time to figure this out okay. We haven't had any time together, but we need to help my friends right now." I nod and he gently places his lips against mine. A soft and brief kiss, but it made my entire body fill with a light that I had been missing since I left him.

"What do you need me to do Isaac?"

"I need you to be a wolf."