1.8

"Jace, what were you thinking?" Isabelle yells at him after he leads me into the institute.

"I did what I needed to." I hear him growl.

"Do you see him right now! I've never seen him like this. What you did was wrong." She yells before grabbing my hand and leading me into my bedroom.

"I should go see Jace." I quietly mumble. An unknown pull drawing me towards him.

"No, you shouldn't. You need to rest. He's with Clary right now." She tells me and sits me down on my bed.

It feels cold, everything feels cold. It's my old room, the person who I used to be doesn't exist anymore. Izzy lays me down and sits on the bed beside me. She rubs my back as pain ripples through my body like it did when I first left him and when he bit me. It feels like my soul is being ripped out of me. I miss him, Isaac. Every part of me is being drawn in two directions. But I can't make a choice to go to either of them.

Tears start to pour from my eyes again and I curl around Izzy as she tries her best to console me.

-

"He hasn't eaten."

"He hasn't moved."

"It was a mistake coming back to the Institute."

"Should we tell him about Isaac."

The sound of his name causes more pain to ripple through me. I don't move and I don't cry. It's been days since I've been able to cry. I know that he is suffering and that something is wrong. My mind aches to go and help him but my body doesn't move.

"Alec." Someone shakes me gently. "Brother I need you to look at me."

"Alec." My eyes snap up and I meet Jace's eyes, but I don't see anything. I'm exhausted, and I just want to sleep but every time I close my eyes I see Isaac and I can't get to him.

"Something happened to Isaac." I want to ask what happened and if he's okay but I don't make a sound.

"He was electrocuted. He's in the hospital and he isn't healing." Jace tells me and sits on my bed.

"Nothing is working Alec. We need to go back." Izzy tells me.

"I will not stay here anymore and let him continue to suffer. No matter what Jace says. I'm going to get Magnus and he's going to fix you, Alec." Izzy yells before storming out of the room leaving me alone with Jace.

"I didn't mean to hurt you brother. I only wanted you back, but this isn't you. I was so mad at you for leaving me." His back is facing me and his head is hanging in his head.

"I'll never leave you, Jace," I tell him and sit up for the first time in weeks.

"You're saying that because I put a loyalty rune on you."

"I didn't need a rune to tell me who my family is. You're my parabatai and you have always been the person I am most loyal to. Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried. Brother, there is nothing and no one that can come between us."

"I've ruined you, Alec how can you not hate me." He stands and walks to the other side of my room.

"It is a permanent rune, there is nothing you can do about it now. I am in so much pain. Constant pain, I can feel you that you hate yourself and I can feel how much pain he is in." I say grabbing my chest as another pang runs through my body. "He is suffering. I need you to let me go and help him. I'll make sure he's okay and I will sever the bond with him, Magnus can do it, I'll come back to you I promise I can't just sit here suffering any longer.

He turns to me with a look of deep sorrow and comes to stand in front of me, resting his hands on my shoulders. "We will help him, Alec."

-

"Jesus he looks worse than Isaac."

"What happened to him"

"I've never seen someone so..."

The words bounce around but they don't fully register. I look around the small house in search of him, he's not here. Being closer to him, but still not being able to see him makes the ache in my chest grow. I'm silent as the rest of my family files into Scott's house, his whole pack here. I stand beside Jace who is standing in front of Clary and Izzy. His arms are crossed over his chest and he looks intimidating.

"What happened to Alec?" Scott asks drawing my attention to his concerned eyes.

"Not your concern, how can we help you with Isaac." My heart races at his name and I have to close my eyes at the pain that courses through my body.

"Stiles is a Nogutsune and he's been the one causing all the problems. We don't know where he is." Derek tells Jace.

"How do you lose him? Why haven't you killed him yet?" Jace scoffs. Derek growls loudly at Jace, he obviously cares a lot about Stiles.

"He's tougher and smarter than he looks. He also got a centuries old evil fox spirit inhabiting his body." Scott explains, keeping a hand out in front of Derek to prevent him from lunging at Jace.

"I need to take Alec to go see Issac." Izzy speaks up making me wince at his name. The ache to be near him has been growing the closer I get to him.

"He's in the hospital. Alison is there with him." Alison's dad tells us.

Izzy nods at him and reaches for my arm. My body instinctually flinches away and I grasp Jaces wrist tightly. I grit my teeth together and try my hardest to lessen my grip on Jace.

"We will all go to see Isaac." Jace says calmly and places his hand over mine.

My body feels detached from my brain and I ignore the whispered murmurs of Scott's pack.

"What's wrong with him."

"He looks like he's dying."

Suddenly pain rips through my body and I scream as I fall to the ground. I can feel his pain coursing through my body. Fire rips through my veins and I try violently to make it stop. I rip at my arms and thighs screaming for anyone to make it stop.

"Try and Iratze!"

"Scott take his pain away."

More fire burns through me and back myself against the wall trying to get away from everyone crowding around me. Scott grasps my wrist and looks deep into my eyes as black veins start to transfer from me up his arm. He winces and the pain subsides enough for me to be able to focus on Izzy putting and iratze rune on me. I breath a brief sigh of relief before the pain flares up again and I scream and grip Scott's hand so hard I feel bone snap. He bolts away from me, nursing his broken hand.

"Guys Alison just called it's Isaac he's flatlining we need to get over there!" Alison's father says.

Suddenly it feels as if everything has stopped moving. Pain still surges through my body but I can no longer react to it. My body goes limp and the last thing I see is Jace kneeling down in front of me.