0.9

Alec

"Ah Alexander and Isaac, it's late and I was just about to close up." Deaton says as we walk into his back room.

"We need your help." Isaac says taking a seat on one of the stainless steal tables against the brick wall. I stand in the door way with my hands behind my back and wait patiently for Isaac to continue. He stares at me for a second as if he's analyzing me before turning back to Deaton.

"Well earlier Alec and I were making out and I got these urges." Isaac says swinging his legs back and forth.

"Ha well I mean you are teenagers and those things do happen but I don't see how I can help with that." Deaton laughs and turns to me and smiles. When I don't offer one back he turns back to Isaac awkwardly and crosses his arms over is chest. Isaac sighs and slips his hands under his legs before continuing.

"Not like that. Well that was there but I wanted to bite him. I wanted to sink my teeth into his neck. I wanted to turn Alec. I'm not an Alpha and it would probably kill him so that's why I freaked out and we came here." Isaacs revelation is news to me and I reach up to touch the tender bruises he left on my neck. He could've killed me.

"Oh that's natural. I guess it doesn't seem natural but under normal circumstances it is." Deaton says brushing it off like nothing.

"I could've killed Alec and you're telling me that's normal? I wanted to rip his throat out and I almost couldn't stop myself." Isaac says jumping to his feet.

"Normally, wolves will leave a mark on their mates neck. It usually doesn't reveal its need until you've... ah... had."

"We get it Deaton." I cut him off from further embarrassment.

"Usually Isaac wouldn't feel the need until after so he must feel threatened by something or someone which has caused him to become more territorial." Deaton continues.

"What will happen when Isaac marks me?" Isaac smiles at me as if he's pleased with my use of when rather than if.

"I don't know honestly. You could accept the bond and become closer or your body might reject it because of your angel blood." Deaton says and walks over to a drawer with books in it.

"What happens if my body rejects it?" I ask and walk towards him as he opens the book.

"It says here that if a mate bond is rejected by the mate the body will begin to decay and rot from the inside out until the mate is no longer living."

"There's no in between that and becoming super connected?" Isaac asks hopping off the table.

"There doesn't seem to be no." Isaac comes to stand beside me and slips his hand into mine.

"Then we won't do that." Isaac says with finality.

"One problem out of the way, tell him the other one Isaac." I say and squeeze his hand. Deaton looks at Isaac kindly, as if he knows what he's going through.

"I've been having nightmares and sometimes I don't know if I'm awake. Sometimes I hear voices and they tell me to do things and I can't stop myself. Not until Alec pulls me back." Deaton closes his eyes slowly and leans against the metal table.

"Stiles was in here yesterday talking about something similar. It seems that when they died they gave power back to the Nematon. I think you might be being affected like they are because when we were looking for Erica and Boyd you went through a similar experience. It just hasn't been triggered until now. You need to close the door in your mind or we don't know what could happen."

"Cool. So I just have to fight every instinct I have to not bite Alec which would result in his gruesome death from the inside out, and shut an imaginary door in my mind. Seems easy doc thanks for your help." Isaac says sarcastically and starts pacing the room.

"How do we close the door on that part of his mind?" I ask Deaton.

"You have to be willing to face your biggest fears and fight against them." I see Isaac pale out of the corner of my eye.

"No. I'm not going there." Isaac begins to panic and I can feel his anxiety rise as if it is my own. I reach out to him and caress his cheek slowly.

"Let's go home now Isaac. Thank you for your help Deaton." I tell the vet and I lead Isaac out of there without waiting for a response from either men.

On the walk back to the apartment Isaac grasps tightly to my hand and holds it up high so it's against his chest. The position is slightly uncomfortable and my arm begins to fall asleep but Isaac is calm and that's all that matters.

When I open the door to the apartment Izzy and Simon are laughing and throwing small vegetables at each other as they make what looks like an attempt at stir fry.

Clary turns from watching tv to offer us a smile as we brush by Izzy and Simon and head into my room.

"Where's Jace?" Isaac asks as he takes a seat on my bed.

"I have no idea. Are you okay?" I ask him and kneel down in front of him and grab his hands. He smiles down at me and squeezes my hands.

"Just worried but I'm okay."

"What are you worried about?" I ask getting up and taking a seat beside him, his hands still in mine.

"I just don't want to hurt you. I could kill you Alec because I don't know how to control myself. How does that not scare you?"

"I know how crazy all of this has been and I know that we've only been around each other a short time but in those months I was gone, you were all I could think about. Survive so that you can see him again Alec. Fight harder so that you can stay with him. Protect everyone so that he knows you can protect him. I told myself that everyday that I was away from you. I'm not gonna let something that might not even happen ruin what I have with you right now. You mean too much to me even if it only has been a little while." He looks at me and I can tell he is finally coming to understand how much he means to me.

"Alec I'm afraid." He whispers softly. "I don't know how to face my fears. I'm going to end up hurting you or myself." Tears begin to fall from his blue eyes and my heart aches for him.

"You don't need to do it today. We can just relax and watch shows the rest of today." I tell him as I push his curly hair behind his ear.

"That sounds good." He sniffs and wipes his eyes with the sleeves of my hoodie that he's wearing. I smile and take his hand leading him into the living room where Clary is still watching Tv. I sit down on the love seat and bring Isaac to sit between my legs. I wrap my arms around him and lean my chin on the top of his head as he slowly begins to relax into the couch. Eventually I begin to drift off as Isaacs thumb strokes the back of my hand softly.