1.1

Alec

"Please." Isaac whines and pulls on my arm trying to get me off my bike.

"Why do you want me to come so badly?" I ask him and finally let him pull me to my feet. His arms wrap around my torso immediately and he squeezes me tightly.

"Because this bond is driving me absolutely crazy with the need to be holding you at all times." He says into my shirt.

"Fine I'll come with you to your first class but then I really do need to make sure they all get home safely." I tell him lifting his face from my chest and kissing his cheek quickly. He smiles widely at me and takes my hand in his leading me into the school. He walks up to a brunette boy as another boy walks away from him. The boy sees us and smiles

"I'm the hot girl." He says gripping the straps of his backpack. I look at Isaac in confusion but he just nods slowly.

"Yes you are." Isaac says back to the boy.

"Oh this must be Alec. We've never actually met I'm Scott." I nod at him keeping my hand that's not in Isaacs behind my back.

"Okay well I've gotta run we have pranks to play." He says turning at walking off.

"What was that about?" Isaac asks me.

"I was about to ask you the same thing. Scott is very strange." I say turning to face him.

"No I meant you. You were so cold to him." Isaac says pulling me out of the traffic of the hallway and into the basement. I slip my hand out of his and put both of them behind my back.

"Isaac I'm a shadowhunter. We are not and affectionate people and do not waste time trying to make good impressions on mundane or downworlders. We are warriors, I was trained to live and act like a soldier at all times."

"You're not like that with me." He says reaching up to my face.

"And you don't act the same around me as you do your pack." I tell him.

"If this bond makes us so different then how we normally are how do we know it's not just that that is making us close."

"It is the bond Isaac. I don't know if you remember the night you were bitten but I do. I found you hiding and whimpering. You looked into my eyes and my entire body and my mind changed. I changed to be exactly what you needed." His hand drops from my neck and he looks very confused.

"Do you love me? Do you even like me? Or are you just my caretaker. I bet you hate me and the fact that you have to take care of me don't you." He glares and points and accusing finger at me.

"Isaac, I don't know if I love you. What I do know is that I would give my life for yours. I know that in a heartbeat I will do anything to make you feel better or more at ease. I know that I'm willing to do anything you ask of me for the rest of our lives. All of that means something to me okay. I don't know you well enough to love you but I feel like I will. You're the most important person to me okay Isaac. I'll do anything for you." Small tears start to trail down his cheeks and it feels like my heart is breaking.

"I love you." He whispers. I pull him to me and wrap my arms tightly around him. He cries into my chest and I hold him as tightly as I can. Wishing I could squeeze his heartache away.

"Isaac listen to me. Saying that is very rare for my people and I've only ever said it to one person and I didn't understand the weight of it like I do now. I broke their heart and I can't do that to you I won't." He sniffles a few times before pulling away from me.

"I have to get to class." He says before trying to slip out of the small corner he had pulled us into.

I grab his hand and twist him back to me slamming my lips against his. At first he doesn't respond and my heart begins to beat erratically but he kisses me back. He moves us backwards until I'm pressed tightly between his hard body and the brick wall. His hands squeeze my hips tightly and pull me closer to him than I thought was possible.

"I want you Alec. I need you." He growls in my ear as he begins to pull my shirt up. His hands roam over my torso as he begins kissing my neck. His lips tickle and nip at my neck and my eyes start to roll in pleasure.

"Oh really?" Ethan voice ruins everything and I come down from the high that Isaacs lips bring. Isaac turns immediately and his gold eyes glare at Ethan and Aiden. Ethan takes a step towards us and Isaacs arms come up immediately and almost put holes in the wall beside my head as he makes a cage around me.

"Scott's been looking for you two. There's a psycho in the school." Ethan says taking another step forward.

"Ethan stop moving. Isaac isn't himself right now." I tell Ethan and Isaacs eyes snap to me as if I've betrayed him. My hand comes up to caress his neck and his eyes soften.

"I think we can take on the Beta." Aiden says coming forward.

Isaac growls so loud that I can feel it rumbling through the walls. His eyes glare at Ethan and Aiden before turning back to me.

"He thinks you're going to attack me just take a step back." Isaac can sense the increase of anxiety in my voice and that's when he snaps.

Instead of lunging for Ethan or Aiden like I thought he would his fangs come barreling at me. Before I can get my hands up I feel his teeth sink deep into my neck. The pain is excruciating and my body starts to go numb as I scream. Isaacs arms wrap around me holding me up. I hear footsteps running towards us and my body is dropped to the floor. I try to keep my eyes open and reach into my pocket to find my stele but everything starts to go black.