1.4

Isaac

It was a very long and silent walk back to the apartment. Only Jace and Magnus accompanied Alec and I. They were talking quietly but I was too stressed and anxious to listen in. Alec opens the door and immediately runs to the bathroom to look at himself. I follow slowly behind him and stand at the door as he runs his hands over his arms.

"I haven't seen myself like this in years." He whispers. His eyes have gone back to blue finally but his skin is so different. He had scars from his fights all over his body along with the runes but they were all gone. He looked like he was carved out of marble. Beautiful without a scratch. 

Alec stares at himself for a few more minutes before nodding his head and turning to me.

"Okay let's figure this out." He reaches for my hand and I let him take it and lead me out to where Magnus and Jace are sitting in front of the TV.

"So what's wrong with me?" Alec asks as he takes a seat. I stay standing but he reaches up and brings my hand to rest on his shoulder. The small act relaxes me and makes me believe that he doesn't resent me for my actions. 

"Alec, Isaac bit you. When he bit you it caused the shadowhunter part of you to be cast out of your body. It's rare, pretty much unheard of but it happened because Isaac has Hale lineage in him and it's one of the most powerful werewolf bloodlines. Or at least they used to be. The wolves that you are used to dealing with are downworlders and have demon blood in them. The Hale wolves and wolves like them come from the god Zeus and are very ancient." Magnus explains. I look down and watch as Alec processes this information. Giving him a tight squeeze on the shoulder as we continue to listen to Magnus.

"Typically when a shadowhunter is turned, their angel blood is replaced with demon blood. It's a seemingly easy process, just a quick swap like what happened to Luke. Isaac isn't an Alpha so he shouldn't have been able to turn you but because he is your mate in life that granted him the ability to turn you and only you into a wolf. Now if I use my eyes I can see two separate entities surrounding you and fighting for dominance over your vessel. Usually, shadowhunters just lose the angel part about them but for some reason, yours materialized and is sticking around."

Alec looks around the room in confusion looking for what Magnus is talking about.

"I can see them too," I tell them flashing my yellow eyes and holding my hand out to the wolf again. It comes towards me and nuzzles its head against my outstretched hand.

"The angel seems weary of you," Magnus observes. The angel is crouched beside Alec leaning on its large sword, it notices me looking and stretches its wings intimidatingly. 

"That's because Isaac tried to kill it. It showed its self to everyone while it was happening." Jace tells us. The angel looks to Jace and a look of recognition flashes across its face.

"I tried to kill an angel?" I ask him.

"I knocked you out before you could, don't worry." Jace smirks at me and I glare back at him.

"I don't remember anything. We were in the basement, we fought a little but we made up. You kissed me and then I woke up to Scott shaking me." I tell Alec he looks concerned and confused but I don't see the anger in his eyes like I expected.

"That's very peculiar, I'll spend some time trying to figure out what's going on with you but for now we have to figure out these entities," Magnus says getting to his feet.

"What do they look like?" Alec asks me quietly while Magnus walks back and forth in concentration.

"They're white and wispy. It's like they're there but they're not really fully manifesting. They move all around you like they're trying to become apart of you again. It's strange." I tell him as I watch them observe and look at Alec in longing. I avoid meeting his eyes knowing that if I do I might break down.