There I Fixed It...Well...Mostly

They had broken down...again. This was the third time in as many days and Y/N was starting to get sick of it. As Stiles pulled off to the side of the road he gave her a small smile before grabbing his 'tools' and jumping out of Roscoe. Stiles loved Roscoe, arguable more than he loved Y/N, but he had to admit Roscoe wasn't in the best shape. However he was not willing to part ways with his beloved Jeep just yet. They had all been through so much together; hell Roscoe had gotten them all the way to Mexico and back. Roscoe was part of the family no matter what but it was getting to the point of being unsafe. Y/N sat in the Jeep and listened to Stiles talk while he 'fixed' Roscoe. She could hear the pulling and ripping of tape and she thought of how much tape had been used to keep Roscoe together.

"You know babe, with the amount of money you have used to buy tape for Roscoe you could have gotten him a new engine." Y/N laughed out the window as Stiles peeked around the hood to smile at her.

"Hahaha very funny. Though you're probably right." Stiles slammed the hood shut and walked back to the driver's side door hopping in his seat with a large smile on his face.

"There I fixed it...well..mostly." He started the Jeep and started making his way back down the road.

"Stiles, what are you doing?"

"Driving?" Y/N frowned as she looked at the side of his head.

"That's not what I meant. What I mean is," Y/N paused for a second, unsure how to continue. "Roscoe's engine is 95% tape at this point. He isn't safe to drive any more."

"Well it's not like I have anything else to drive." Stiles chucked slightly in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"You heard my grandfather, he can't drive any of his cars anymore and you can have your pick of the lot. All you need to do is say the word." Stiles looked up at his girlfriend.

"And what if I don't want to say the word? What if I don't want to give up something that has been a big part of my life. Has always been reliable, mostly. I care about him as if he were a person and I don't know that I can give him up so easily." The car was silent for a moment and Y/N reached over to grasp Stiles' hand.

"That's okay. Just promise me you'll think about it. I would hate to have something bad happen to you while you're driving Roscoe. I love you. So just think about it will you?" Stiles squeezed her hand and smiled at her.

"Yeah. I'll think about it."

"I love you Stiles and I just don't want to see you hurt over something preventable." Stiles smiled at her and turned his attention back to the road.

"I love you too and I really will think about it. I promise."