Anniversary

The wedding had been beautiful and simple, their family and friends present as they proclaimed their unending love for one another on a warm spring day in Beacon Hills. It had been everything they could have hoped and in the end they were together and that was the most important part of the entire day.

People say that marriage is way different than dating but from her experience it didn't seem to be. They still went on dates and did all the things they did when they were dating but now they lived together and everyone called her Mrs. Stilinski. Maybe it was because they had only been married for a year. Exactly a year. Still in their honeymoon phase. But things were about to shake up.

It had come as a shock to her when she found out, she hadn't even been trying but there it was, printed on a sheet of paper in black and white, a positive pregnancy test from the doctor's office. No mistakes. No false positives. There had been a little human bean inside of her for six weeks and she hadn't even known. She wanted to run home and tell him that very moment but with only a few weeks until their wedding anniversary she decided to wait it out. She had almost slipped up a number of times, it was hard for her to keep any kind of secret from him but she knew this one would be worth it

On the night of their anniversary they had ordered out from their favorite place and spent the night laughing and talking as they sat on the floor of their living room. And for dessert she pulled out the top tier of their wedding cake that had been sitting in their freezer all year. She placed it on the coffee table between them and handed one of the two forks in her hand to Stiles and the two began to devour the cake.

"Is it still good a year later?" He asked with a smile on his face.

She nodded. "Still good." She took another fork full and savored the taste in her mouth. "Mmmmm, I'm so glad we went with the chocolate!" She exclaimed causing Stiles to laugh. He remembered what an ordeal the whole thing had been. Vanilla was more traditional but Chocolate had always been her favorite, but here best friend was allergic to chocolate. After weeks of deliberation, and more cake tastings than were probably necessary, they made the decision to have chocolate cake and some cupcakes for anyone who prefered vanilla. They had loved how it turned out, it was a beautiful cake on the day it tasted amazing. It still tasted amazing a year later.

After scarfing down half of the cake Stiles stood up and left the room, then he came back he had a small box in his hand. He sat down and handed it to her across the table. "Happy anniversary babe." She smiled at him and opened the box to find a pair of what looked to be diamond studs.

"These are beautiful. Thank you."

"They were my mom's, her mom gave them to her on her wedding day. To be honest with you I was going to give them to you then but I misplaced them."

"Oh Stiles." Y/N smiled and stood up, she walked around the table to kiss him then left the room herself coming back with a bag and placed it in front of him. "I know it looks like a lot, and it is but i saw it and knew you had to have it." Stiles squinted his eyes at her but reached into the bag anyone pulling out a small blanket, only causing him to look at her with more confusion, then a set of three small hats, a package of socks meant for tiny feet and finally a onesie. Y/N smiled as she watched the look on his face, studying the words on the front of the material before turning it around to show Y/N as if she hadn't been the one to pick it out. 'Who needs super heroes when I have Dad' Was written in black on the gray material of the onesie and Stiles was taking more than a minute to put it together but when he did a smile grew on his face.

"Are you serious?" He asked with wide and hopeful eyes.

She nodded. "Yeah."

"How long?" He asked, standing up and moving around the table then helping her off the floor.

"Eight weeks. I would have told you sooner but I really wanted to wait until today." She explained. "Are you happy?"

Stiles nodded as tears began to well up in his eyes. "So happy. I love you so much."

"I love you too." She smiled tears now starting to fall down her face as they kissed.

Stiles quickly pulled away and bent down, placing his hands on Y/N's stomach. "And I love you! Whoever you turn out to be, I love you too."