Swaying

Stiles watched as Y/N danced erratically around the small kitchen. She spun and she swayed, a glass of wine in one hand and the spoon she was using to stir dinner in the other. She was singing and dancing to a song playing from her phone, something he had heard her listen to a million times, but could never quite remember the name of.

He smiled at the girl before him being herself, and not hiding a thing from him. He had come in late from work, still in part of his uniform. His top and shoes ditched almost the second he walked in the door leaving him in a pair of tan pants and a tight fitting white undershirt. He poured himself a glass of wine before hopping onto the counter.

When the song changed to something slower but by no means a slow song she turned to him and began an attempt at a serenade. All it did was cause the two of them to laugh. So she turned away from him again and back to the pot on the stove. Stiles came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her body close to his and resting his cheek on her shoulder.

"How was your day?"

"It was good. Long - mostly desk work - but good. You?"

"It was great. The kids are really into this new movie that came out recently about feelings and so it opens up for a lot of great discussion. They may be kindergarteners but they certainly understand a lot if you explain it to them."

"You are such a good teacher." Stiles smiled and kissed her cheek before spinning her around and taking one of her hands in his and placing the other on her lower back. She smiled and placed her free hand on his shoulder and the two began to awkwardly dance together in their kitchen.

The song changed several more times as they tried to dance while also attempting not the burn the food. The song changed once again, this time much slower and sweeter of a song. Y/N gripped onto both of Stiles' hands before lightly stepping onto his feet and looking up at him. Stiles took that as his cue to sway back and forth with her on his feet. She let go of his hands and placed her arms around his neck and he moved his to be around her back. They continued to sway back and forth to the song as she sang softly to him.

"I want to be with you for the rest of my life." She whispered quietly, placing her head on his chest.

Stiles smiled at her again and run his hands up and down her back. "I'm not going anywhere. I'll be with you as long as you want me."

"Forever."

"Then I'll be here forever."

So there they made this promise to one another, with her standing on his toes as they swayed together on the kitchen floor, old enough to drink and old enough to commit to forever but still not old enough to dance like adults.