Snow Day

While Stiles had lived in sunny California his whole life Y/N had spent her life living in the snow belt of the North East. When Stiles moved to a small town in upstate new york he never expected to meet a young beautiful girl and start dating only a few weeks after the move. He also never expected the amount of snow that would pile up around his home. Y/N on the other hand was used to it so it didn't phase her when she shoveled four feet of snow off her car that morning and slowly made her way to her boyfriend's house. She was surprised to find Stiles mildly distressed in his living room as she removed her winter gear at the door, calling out to him as she made her way completely into his home.

"Hey babe! Sorry about your entryway, I'll mop it up in a bit!"

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" Stiles inquired as he met her in the hallway, wrapping his arms around her, hugging her tightly before kissing the top of her head.

"We had plans remember?" She questioned, looking up at her boyfriend.

"Yeah but have you seen what it looks like outside? No one should be going out there, it's dangerous!" Stiles babbled looking towards the window, half covered in snow.

Y/N look out at the snow before looking back at him with a confused expression.

"What do you mean? It's not that much snow. We usually get more than that on accident. Besides I was lucky enough to be behind a plow truck the whole way here." She pulled away from him making her way into his living room, Stiles following close behind.

"This is crazy. I didn't sign up for this kind of snow."

Y/N giggled at her boyfriend's comments. "No one does," She now moved to wrap her arms around his torso as he stared out questioningly at the weather. "I know we had plans to go out but how about we stay in? We could make some cocoa, cozy up by the fireplace, watch movies, play games. We'll have a snow day."

Stiles looked down at her, smiling for a moment before responding.

"I'll get the fire going." He kissed her lips softly before moving toward the stack of firewood.

"I'll make the cocoa." She responded in a giddy voice as she bounded towards the kitchen.

She came back only moments later, two mugs in hand, just as Stiles was stepping away from the fireplace.

Y/N stood, looking through stacks of dvds, half of which were hers that she had lent to Stiles but was sure he never watched. "What movie do you think deputy?"

Stiles plopped himself on the couch, getting comfortable. "You pick."

"Meet me in St. Louis it is!"

"I've never seen it."

"Well then get ready for the adventure of a lifetime. This is my favorite movie, Judy Garland is superb in it." Y/N/ sat on the couch beside Stiles. He placed his arm around her and she snuggled into his side as they began watching the movie.

~~~

"That was great." She smiled, standing up from the couch to take the movie from the player, placing it back in the case.

Stiles stood from the couch, stretching. "It was, but did you have to sing every song?"

Y/N let out a loud laugh. "Trust me, next time we watch it you won't be able to help singing along."

"You're probably right I was fighting it this time around and I didn't even know the words." Stiles moved across the room, wrapping his arms around her body from behind.

"See? It's a magical movie," She turned around, wrapping her arms around him hugging him silently for a few long moments before starting to pull away and moving to the other side of the room. "Anyway, I should get going if I want to get home before it starts snowing again."

Stiles watched her move across the room, rubbing the back of his neck before mumbled out a proposal to her. "You could stay if you wanted."

Y/N stopped in her tracks, turning to him with wide eyes. They had been dating for several months but had yet to stay at the other's home overnight. "Like, stay the night? Here? With you?"

"W-well, yeah. If-if you want to." Stiles stuttered, his eyes trained on hers.

"Do you want me to?"

"Yeah, I do." He confessed softly

"Then I'll stay."

A smile spread across both of their faces as Stiles quickly moved across the room, kissing her sweetly.

"I'll start dinner." He began, kissing her forehead before pulling away and moving towards the kitchen, Y/N close behind.

"I'll help."