Chapter 1

It was a normal sunny day at the all prestigious Ouran High School where all the sons and daughters of rich families, who had an infinite amount of time on their hands, gathered. However, there was but one girl who had a dreadful look on her face as she walked up to her classroom.

"Haruhi," a male's voice called out.

"What's with that look on your face?" another male called out.

"Hikaru, Kaoru. Good morning," the girl replied.

"What's with that dreaded look on your face?" Hikaru asked, swinging an arm around her. "Are you unhappy to see us?"

Yes, very, she thought but wouldn't dare to say it.

"No, just studied a little too much for the test today," she meekly replied, hoping that they wouldn't see through her little lie.

"Then at least make it sound like you're excited to see us," Kaoru said, swinging an arm around her other side.

"I don't think I'm obligated to do that," she replied, averting her gaze.

The two pouted and returned back to their seats as the teacher came in. Haruhi sighed and sat down in her seat. She looked out the window and could see the sun brightly shining down onto the campus, contradicting the current mood she was feeling. She sighed and took out a pen, pencil, and eraser, ready to take the test. There was a sale going on at the supermarket today but because she had to go to the Host Club, she was forced to miss it.

Damn it, she cursed under her breath.

After school~

She was making her way to the club room and she began thinking about it. Judging from a number of customers she handled, her utensils that were put on auction, and a number of days she's been working, she should've paid off her debt quite a while ago. The only reason why she was continuing to work here was none other than Ootori Kyoya, the devil himself.

She opened the door to the music room and already knew what was awaiting her behind it.

"Welcome," a group of hosts said as she walked in.

"It's Haru-chan!" Honey yelled happily as he made his way up to her.

Kyoya and Haruhi met eyes. She averted her gaze and mumbled a quick, "It's him."

"Did you say something, Haruhi?" Kyoya asked, his glasses shining.

"No, nothing," Haruhi quickly replied, a sweat-drop forming. She swore that that guy had some super hearing or something.

"Just to let you know, you're three minutes late. Hurry and get changed," Kyoya said hurriedly. "Guests will start arriving soon."

"Yes, Kyoya-senpai," Haruhi said, making her way to the dressing room.

Today's theme was gothic and as to why it was that, Nekozawa had dropped a piece of black cloth lined with white lace in front of Tamaki by accident. Fascinated and intrigued by such a design, Tamaki insisted that they go for the gothic theme today. Haruhi sighed as she changed into the outfit. Her hair had gotten a little longer so she decided to tie it at the bottom with a black ribbon.

"Haruhi, you're so cute!" Tamaki squealed.

Mori nodded his head in agreement and the twins held a thumbs-up sign in front of them. Haruhi sighed as she adjusted the ribbon at her neck. She just wanted to get this over with and go home.

The Host Club began its usual hours and the usual guests hoarded into the room. Haruhi kept on her usual smile around her guests for even the slightest mistake, Kyoya would be there reprimanding her and increasing her debt. She took a glance at him from across the room and seeing that he noticed her gaze, turned her attention back to her designated guests.