Chapter 3

"You know the drill, right?" Kyoya questioned her.

Haruhi nodded her head.  

"Good," he replied and looked out the window. "It's your stop."

Haruhi grabbed her bag and climbed off the limo. She kindly bowed to him. "Thank you, Kyoya-senpai."

"No need to thank me every time," he said. "I just don't want to cause unnecessary trouble for myself."

She chuckled nervously at his reply, knowing that that was going to be his answer. 

"I'll see you at school. Remember to meet me at the gates," he said.

"Yes," she answered.

Kyoya nodded his head and rolled the window back up before driving away to the entrance of the school. Haruhi looked on as his car turned the corner and began walking, smiling to herself. Indeed, he drove her to a safe distance away from school and with the time she had left, she could leisurely walk there. She walked to school, waiting for the bell in the clock tower to sound, signaling the end of the day. 

"Haruhi!" someone called from behind her.

Haruhi turned around, her short thin ponytail waving behind her. "Hikaru?"

The two twins ran up to her and hugged her enthusiastically as if they hadn't seen her in forever. As always, she was squished in the middle between the two of them and needless to say, she didn't like it. 

"Can you two let go already?" she asked.

"Haruhi, where were you yesterday?!" Kaoru yelled, holding onto her tightly.

"Nice way of dodging my question," she commented.

"We should be the ones saying that," Hikaru yelled at her. "Do you know how worried we were? We couldn't get into contact with you at all! Not even your dad!"

At the mention of her dad, she flinched a bit but it was unnoticed to the twins. "I don't think I'm obligated to tell you what happened yesterday."

"You're telling us," the two said with a seriousness.

Haruhi eyed them angrily and sighed. "My dad and I just went out to eat dinner last night since he got a raise at the bar downtown. That's all that happened. You guys happy now? Seriously, you're worrying about nothing."

The two looked satisfied at her answer and she thanked the heavens that the two were born dense when it came to other people's situation. Though she managed to convince the twins, she still had to deal with the three others. She didn't care much about convincing Tamaki but it was the seniors she was worried about. Those two were naturally smart and without a doubt, they would catch on that something suspicious was going on. But at the same time, they were the two that were least to make an uproar about something.

"So many troubles in life," she sighed.

"Well, yeah," the two said by her side, throwing back their hands. 

"Life's a game," Kaoru said.

"Got to keep playing it to win it," Hikaru smirked.

"Should've expected that from you two," Haruhi said and the twins grinned in reply.

The three of them walked in through the school entrance and as always, they were eye candy to many of the girls. Haruhi glanced at Hikaru and Kaoru and wondered just what about them made the girls like them. She continued walking and ignored the stares and squeals of the other students, knowing that they were for Hikaru and Kaoru.

"Haruhi, wait up," Hikaru called out.

"Don't leave us behind," Kaoru added.

"It's you two who wanted to be left behind," Haruhi said.