Chapter 22

Blood dripped onto the ground as Kyoya stood there with a dazed look. He looked down at his chest to see a head of brown hair laying into his chest. He removed one of his hands and looked at the blood that was smeared on his palm and dripping from his hand. That was when he realized the horrible reality that had faced him. 

"Haruhi!" he dropped to the ground in a frenzy. "Get a hold of yourself! Haruhi!"

"Haruhi-sama!" Keith yelled in utter shock. 

Haruhi had run towards Kyoya just in time to block the bullet that had been aimed right at his heart. Though she had originally intended to just keep him from getting shot, she had been shot instead; though she sort of calculated something along these lines. They didn't know where she had been shot in the chest but all they knew was that she was bleeding heavily and they had to stop it somehow. But, they were all in deep shock and found themselves trembling at the very sight of it. 

"Someone call the ambulance!" Kyoya yelled. 

"O-On it!" Keith said, fumbling around to get his phone as he immediately began dialing. 

Honey and Mori tied the two kidnappers and began hurrying towards Haruhi's side, trying to stop the bleeding. Haruhi's eyes fluttered open and gazed up into the dark trembling orbs of the man that held her in his arms. She saw his face and smiled up at him, her eyes wincing a little.

"Kyoya-senpai, are you...fine?" she gasped.

"What do you think?!" he yelled at her, his voice cracking. "What do you think you were doing?" 

"I don't...even...know myself," she chuckled, her face getting paler by the minute. "My body...just moved on...it's own accord." 

"You idiot!" he cried, clutching her. "Why did you block it?" 

"If it was me getting shot...you would've done the same...no?" she said through uneven breathing. 

"Why do you do this?" he said, tears beginning to form at the corner of his eyes. "What have I ever done for you to the point where you would sacrifice yourself?" 

Haruhi smiled up at him, tears in her eyes. "Everything," she breathed.

He widened his eyes in surprise and tears spilled from his eyes and onto her face. Haruhi reached up to touch his cheek with a loving smile plastered on her face. She wiped his tears away. The pain of the bullet was aching but that was pain became numb once she saw that he was safe and unharmed. 

"Haruhi..." he sobbed. "What advantage will being shot give you?" 

"Kyoya-senpai," she said, tears rolling down the side of her cheek. "Seeing you safe brings me more happiness than anything," she choked out. "I would've done this regardless of advantages and you should know that." 

He shook his head and clutched her hand. "You can't do this to me. You can't, Fujioka Haruhi!"

"If there's anything...that I want you...to remember, it's that," Haruhi took in a breath of air before saying her final words. "I'm...your wife." 

The light in her eyes started fading away and everything around her began fading into darkness. Kyoya widened his eyes in fear as he shook her, trying to get her to wake up and open her eyes again. 

"Haruhi! Look at me!" he commanded. "Look at me!"

"Kyoya, stop it," Honey tried stopping her. "The ambulance is almost coming."

"Tamaki and Hikaru have already caught the other person," Mori said, a look of sorrow and anguish in his eyes. "Calm down." 

But Kyoya refused to listen. "Fujioka Haruhi! If you don't open your eyes at this very second, I'm never going to treat you to an all-you-can-eat restaurant! I'll never buy you the toys that you want! I'm never going to take you to the places that you want to go!"