Chapter 2

"Welcome back, Kyoya-sama," the maids and butlers bowed in unison.

"I'm back," Kyoya replied curtly. 

Haruhi followed him in as she looked around his mansion in awe. The only mansion she had ever been to was probably Tamaki's and to be honest, it seemed like Kyoya's was way bigger. Moreover, compared to Tamaki's elaborately decorated western mansion, Kyoya's was much simpler and much pleasing to the eye. 

"Haruhi, you can put your stuff down in that room."

"This one?" Haruhi stopped in front of a door. 

"Yeah, that one," Kyoya answered. "It's the room right next to mine so if you need anything, call me."

"Thank you, Kyoya-senpai," she bowed and turned the polished doorknob.

"One more thing, though I don't think you're the type of person to do it," Kyoya said with a rather unpleasant smile. "Make as little noise as possible as if no one's even living in that room. I really hate it when someone wakes me up in the middle of the night."

"Y-Yes," Haruhi sweated bullets as she entered her room. 

She closed the door behind her and leaned against it, breathing a sigh. Everything had passed by so fast that she didn't even have the time to catch her breath. Kyoya, out of nowhere, offered her a marriage contract and then all of a sudden, she had moved out of her little apartment. The only thing she brought with her was her textbooks, notebooks, and a picture of her mother. As for the rest of the stuff, Kyoya had said that they would go out on a later date to get her other necessities. 

Unpacking her books and setting them down on a nearby computer desk, she flopped down on the white computer chair, noting to herself how comfy it was. But, her mind was soon preoccupied with thoughts of Kyoya.

Why would he even want me as a bride? she wondered to herself.

Haruhi placed her head on the table, clueless. She had nothing to offer to him and knowing Kyoya's demeanor, he wasn't the type to associate with commoners. Nevertheless, marry them. So, why? The only answer she could think of was his father, Ootori Yoshio. She shook her head. That must be the least likely of all answers. 

"Instead of thinking about why he offered me this deal, I should be grateful to him," she said to herself, flipping open a textbook. "I'll thank him tomorrow."

In Kyoya's room~

Kyoya flopped down onto his bed and put an arm over his face, pondering. He moved a hand to his chest and felt it beating rapidly. Was it because of her? No, he shouldn't be thinking about that. With Haruhi here now, that means that he was one step closer to becoming the head of the Ootori Group. His father had never approved of a woman before; not even his older brother Yuuichi's wife or his second older brother's fiancee, Nanako. For him to say that he deemed Haruhi interesting and wanted him to marry her, it was a first. 

He smiled to himself at this accomplishment and headed towards the shower. But before he had the chance to get in, he saw his phone on the desk, ringing and vibrating violently. He clicked his tongue, knowing full-well who it was.

"What is it, Tamaki?" he said in a calm tone. "You do realize the current time, right?"

"Kyoya! Where did you bring Haruhi?!" Tamaki yelled through the phone.

Kyoya sighed. "Why do you assume that it was me who took your beloved Haruhi?"

"Don't go playing dumb with me! Answer me, Kyoya!"

Suddenly, there was shouting from behind the phone which he assumed was the other members of the Host Club. He sighed. They still had school tomorrow yet there they were, staying over at one's house and bickering and fighting about.