Chapter 5

Kyoya woke up in a lousy mood as always but this time, he didn't seem all that grouchy. Rather, he looked somewhat expectant. He looked towards his digital alarm clock and saw that it was eleven thirty. He had thirty minutes to get ready which was enough time. 

He stepped into the shower and took a quick rinse before getting out. He pulled over his head a simple white shirt and donned himself with a light blue suit jacket. With black pants at the bottom and a brand name belt around his waist, he made his way to the door and placed his feet into a pair of white sneakers. 

He knocked on Haruhi's door. "Haruhi, you awake?" 

He silently waited but there was no answer. He checked his watch and saw that it was twelve. Knowing that she must've already been awake, he made his way downstairs to be greeted by his many servants and maids. 

"Good morning, young master Kyoya," they greeted.

"Ah. Tell Tachibana to bring the car out front," Kyoya ordered.

"It already is," the servant replied.

"Good. By the way, where's Haruhi?" he looked around the lobby but there was no sign of her.

"If you're talking about Haruhi-sama," one of the maids smiled. 

If he remembered correctly, her name was Serena, one of the top maids in the Ootori family. Standing next to her was Nasha, one of the more clumsier ones but in terms of skill, she was at the top, too.  But he didn't bother questioning more and allowed for them to continue on.

"She's here," Nasha exclaimed.

The two stepped aside and seeing the person who they were hiding, Kyoya widened his eyes. Haruhi looked up at him with her large brown orbs, her bangs slightly covering them. Her shoulder-length brown hair was straightened and a braid dangled by her left. She had a white lace knee-length dress and a beige knitted cardigan draped on. Compared to her usual look in the Ouran High uniform, she seemed more...feminine. 

"It looks weird, doesn't it?" Haruhi said as she stared at him. 

"It doesn't at all!" Serena objected.

"That's right! That's right!" Nasha said. 

Remembering that they were in the presence of their young master, they immediately shut their mouths up. Kyoya gulped as he continued to stare at her, a look of doubt in her eyes. He reached out to her and touched the cardigan. 

"I guess fine feathers really do make fine birds," Kyoya nodded his head, content.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Haruhi said with an irksome look.

"Don't worry," Kyoya patted her head gently. "You look cute in those." 

Haruhi widened her eyes in surprise as she looked at the floor. Kyoya removed his hand and exited the mansion, climbing into the car out front. Haruhi followed closely behind him with a flushed look and shook it off. She climbed into the car after him, Tachibana closing the door before driving off.

"Where are we going?" Haruhi asked.

"A well-known furniture place," Kyoya blatantly replied.

"A place that sells really expensive furniture and necessities, right?" she added, knowing full-well that there was no way this man before her would go to a commoner's place.

"Correct."

Haruhi sighed. She should've expected that answer already. 

"Can't we just buy some cheap products. It'll last me a good amount of time either way," she said, trying to convince him not to buy such expensive things.