Chapter 13

"He seems obedient but he's wagging his tail in front of his master to gain favor," a man said. "He's basically no different from a dog.

That was it. Haruhi turned around and went over to a waiter and grabbed a glass of champagne. The butler knew what she was planning to do but was glad that she was doing it. He, too, had wanted to punch them but he was not in the position to do so. Haruhi walked to them, each stride powerful and dignified before she stopped before them. She splashed the glass of champagne onto them, earning yells and curses from the group of men.

"What the hell did you just do?!" the man yelled.

"Do you know how expensive this suit is?" another screamed.

By now, a huge commotion was starting and Yoshio had seen everything happen. If anything, he was quite pleased with Haruhi's actions. Somewhere in his heart, he knew that she was going to do it but he didn't expect her to be so direct and open about it. He grinned from ear to ear and wanted to laugh at the group of businessmen.

"Take back what you said," Haruhi muttered.

"What did you say, you bitch?" one of them yelled at her.

"Take back what you said this instant!" Haruhi yelled at her, her eyes aglow with anger.

Seeing her eyes, the men stepped back a bit in fear. Not once had they seen such willful and angry eyes that burned with such passion. Haruhi's large brown eyes stared directly at them, her lips in a tight scowl.

"You don't know anything!" she yelled again. "Kyoya-senpai is one of the most hard-working and diligent people out there! He can be kind of mean sometimes but deep down, he's caring and kind to almost anyone!"

"Haruhi?!" Tamaki and Hikaru exclaimed.

"Kyoya-senpai has the same chance as each of his brothers. He's not a dog nor is he wagging his tail. He's a man that tries his utmost hardest for what he wants to do! Not for what he thinks it's his duty to do!" Haruhi yelled. "Take those words back this instant! You don't have the right to degrade Kyoya-senpai to such a level!"

Kyoya had been watching the whole scene unfold along with almost every one of the guests. Hearing her words, Kyoya smiled. He combed back his hair and sighed with a grin. He didn't care about the crowd she had attracted but rather, how beautiful she looked at that moment. He made his way up to her.

"Hah? We're allowed to say whatever we want!" the man yelled.

"Who do you think you are?!" another yelled. "Do you have any idea who we are?!"

"I don't and I don't care," Haruhi spatted back at him, not giving a damn about his social status.

Yoshio laughed a little at this, including Yuuichi and Fuyumi. Never had they seen a high school girl standing up to adults in such a manner. This was a nice amusement to them and smiled. Their eyes were filled with evil intent as a smirk was drawn onto their faces. To dare call Haruhi a "bitch" of all things, they must really want to anger the Ootori Group. They pitied them for their cluelessness of who they had just angered.

"You bitch!" the man raised his hand at her.

Haruhi stared him down, not minding if she was punched. Just as the butler was about to stop the blow, Kyoya swiftly stepped in and caught the man's hand. Haruhi waited for the impact but instead, felt a gentle and firm arm wrap around her waist. She opened her eyes and widened her eyes in surprise to see Kyoya.

"K-Kyoya-sama," the man immediately let go.

Kyoya wasn't the slightest bit happy. He didn't mind that they had talked bad about him but to think that the group of men had called Haruhi a "bitch" and even worse, tried to strike a blow on her...he was angry. No, he was furious. His eyes showed anger and he stared at them with distaste as if they were trash.