Chapter 20

For the next several days, they've been wandering through town with no real destination planned but even so, they were enjoying it. They did whatever they wanted to do at that moment and every day seemed like an adventure. The scent of the ocean breeze traveled through the cities and the air was crisp and dense, so different from that of Japan. Today was the fifth day and they had decided to do some window shopping.

"I think this would look cute," Honey pointed out.

"No, this one," Mori objected.

"But pink looks nice."

"Blue looks better complements her dark brown hair better."

Mori and Honey began looking around at other clothing while Hikaru and Kaoru were busy keeping Haruhi company by playing with her hair. She sat next to Kyoya and Keith was right behind her, asking her if there was anything she needed. Tamaki was busy buying all the things that he thought fit Haruhi as well as any goods that he came across as "unique". The passing female customers looked at the band of handsome men sitting in the shop in attraction. They envied Haruhi, who was the apple of the eye to the boys. However, there were also male customers who looked at Haruhi in adoration for her long brown hair, large eyes, and small frame was charming. 

"How long are we going to stay in here?" Haruhi questioned.

"Until the idiot is finished with his excessive need to spend all his money," Kyoya replied. "You bored?"

"Kind of," Haruhi said. 

"I bet she just wants to eat right now," Hikaru smirked.

"It's so like Haruhi to suddenly want to eat," Kaoru agreed. 

"Well, I'm sorry that I can't control my appetite," Haruhi pouted. 

"Haruhi-sama, shall I get something for you to eat?" Keith asked. "I'm not sure if it'll suit your taste but there's a street food market nearby."

"There is?!" Haruhi turned to him, her eyes sparkling. 

"Ah. It's true," Hikaru and Kaoru said, looking out the window and seeing a market full of tents and people nearby. 

"Then let's get that," Haruhi stood up. "I'd rather have street food than the food they serve at those expensive restaurants."

Kyoya chuckled. "Is it because you're a commoner?"

"It's because I'm a commoner that I like it," Haruhi said proudly.

"Here, take my wallet," Kyoya said, taking his wallet out.

"No need," Haruhi said, showing him her wallet. "I have money. Keith, let's go."

"I want a steak gyro with fries!" Hikaru yelled. "With a soda!"

"Something fried and something sweet for me!" Kaoru added.

"Go buy it yourself," Haruhi looked at the two with disgruntlement. "You have arms and legs, don't you?"

"Cheap," the two pouted.

"I don't want to hear that from you two," Haruhi said before leaving the store, Keith right behind her. 

The two were now out of the store and even so, she could still hear their playful voices resounding loudly. She could see that Tamaki was still buying stuff while Hikaru and Kaoru teased him. The third-years were still looking around at what to buy and Kyoya was just sitting on the couch, looking at them. Haruhi was fixated on his contented looking face and smiled. He was enjoying himself.

"Honestly, I can't believe those two," Haruhi turned around and began making her way to the street vendor. "How spoiled were they?"

Keith chuckled. "Haruhi-sama always gets worked up about them, don't you?"