Chapter 14

"Kyoya! Explain this!" Tamaki yelled in complete shock.

"When the hell did you two get married?!" Hikaru yelled.

"We knew something was up but to think that you two were married?!" Kaoru said, his mouth hanging in shock.

"Did you not hear? We're just fiancees right now," Kyoya said.

"We know your father well enough to know that you two are going to get married sooner or later," Tamaki said, shaking his head.

"Now, now, Tama-chan. Hika-chan. Kao-chan," Honey said. "We should be congratulating them instead of bombarding them with questions."

"Congratulations, Kyoya. Haruhi," Mori smiled at them.

Haruhi smiled. "Thank you, Mori-senpai. You're the first to genuinely congratulate us."

Mori came over and stroked her head to which Haruhi responded favorably. Seeing the smile on Haruhi's face, Tamaki, Hikaru, and Kaoru composed themselves. Compared to Mori, they were acting unreasonably childish and demanding to their friends.

"Congratulations, Haru-chan!" Honey ran up to her with an excited expression. "Next time when we come to visit you, I'll bring you guys your engagement present."

"Thank you, Honey-senpai," Haruhi smiled. "But you don't have to do that."

"No buts," Honey grinned. "We'll bring you lots and lots of presents!"

Haruhi laughed. She just hoped that whatever the present will be, it won't be cake. Though she knew that at least one of the presents he was going to bring was cake.

"Anyway, about this engagement," Hikaru said, bringing everyone back to the main question. "How did it even happen?"

Haruhi and Kyoya looked towards one another. Gripping her dress, she nodded at Kyoya with a new look of determination and clarity in her eyes. She was ready to tell them. She was going to tell them everything.

"Remember that day when I was called to the office?" Haruhi asked.

They all nodded their heads.

"That day, my father got into a serious accident," Haruhi said. "He safely made it through the surgery but it was a major surgery for almost his entire body had to be repaired. During the accident, his legs got paralyzed."

The Host Club members listened in shock as Kyoya stood solemnly to the side.

"You know how we're poor and we can't afford much. So, the surgery was going to take a big toll on us money-wise," Haruhi said. "But it was at that time that Kyoya-senpai came up to me and offered me a marriage contract. He said that if I marry him, then he would be willing to pay for my dad's hospital bills as well as the bills for physical therapy."

"So you accepted it?" Hikaru asked.

Haruhi nodded her head. "At that time, I didn't really care about what I was agreeing to but rather that my father would be helped," Haruhi admitted. "And I'm sure that the marriage contract was proposed by father-in-law. Right, Kyoya?"

Kyoya nodded his head, unsurprised that she had figured it out.

"Father wanted me to marry her because it provided him many benefits and so I reluctantly agreed," Kyoya continued on. "With the marriage contract set in place, we started living together and have been keeping it a secret from you guys. That is, until today."

"So, this marriage is nothing but a farce?" Hikaru said, gritting his teeth as he balled his fists.

"Hikaru, you're wro-!"