Chapter 10

"Haruhi, let's go somewhere during the winter break," Hikaru suggested.

"Can't," Haruhi replied.

"We didn't even say anything yet and you've already decided?" Kaoru whined.

"I have something to do that day so it's impossible," Haruhi answered back, tidying up the tea trays and sets. "Go ask some other people."

"But inviting you would be much more interesting," Hikaru and Kaoru said.

"You two," Haruhi began.

"Hikaru, Kaoru, can't you see that you're troubling Haruhi?" Tamaki intervened. "It's obvious that she doesn't want to spend her winter vacation with you."

The two twins pouted. "Who said?" the two raised their objections, heat steaming from their heads.

"I said," Tamaki declared proudly.

"Just shut up, idiot Boss!" Hikaru kicked him into the corner.

"What's with that rudeness!" Tamaki shouted, pointing at the twins as well as everyone else. "For your information, Haruhi would rather spend her winter vacation with me than with you two evil twins."

"Who said? Who said?" the twins repeated.

"I said," he once again stated proudly.

"Just go away, you homo character," Hikaru and Kaoru kicked him to the side for the final time.

"So, Haruhi. What about it?" the twins grinned.

Haruhi felt the agonizing pressure that the two were putting on her but even so, she had to refuse. She really did have plans that day and her whole entire schedule for the week was preoccupied with dancing and etiquette lessons. Moreover, she had to go get a dress fitting done. She glanced over to Kyoya who gave her a knowing look.

"Sorry, but I really can't," Haruhi apologized. "How about next time, Hikaru? Kaoru?"

"You always say next time," Kaoru pouted.

"But when are you actually going to go hang out with us?" Hikaru added with his face inches from hers. "If it's money, we'll pay for you."

"That just makes me not want to go even more," Haruhi turned away from him. "Anyway, I just can't. I'll make it up to you sometime later."

"Promise?" the two asked.

"Promise. If I break it, I'll swallow a thousand needles," Haruhi smiled at the two.

The two grinned and the tender moment between the two was interrupted by their ever-so-annoying President and the cute shota boy of the club. The two ran up to Haruhi with tears in their eyes as Tamaki began lecturing the two.

"How can you make Haruhi swear on such a horrible thing?!" he pointed his finger at the twins. "You want our dear Haruhi to swallow a thousand needles?! This is abuse!"

"Haruhi, swallowing a thousand needles is going to hurt," Honey said. "How about we change it to swallowing a thousand pieces of cake?"

"I'd rather swallow a thousand needles," Haruhi replied. Eating a thousand pieces of cake seemed just as painful, or even more painful than swallowing a thousand needles. She liked sweet things but with that number of calories, she would end up exploding.

"Haruhi, how could you say such a thing?" Tamaki yelled, his hands on her face. "See what you did to her?!"

"Boss, Haruhi said it herself. It's not like we told her to," Hikaru said, throwing his hands up.

"Besides, as long as she keeps her promise she won't have to swallow them. Use your common sense already," Kaoru said, already bored of their Boss's behavior.