Chapter 23

Three Years Later~

"Is everything ready for the meeting?" 

"Yes," a woman secretary replied. "Everything is in order for the meeting next month."

"Good," the man replied. "You're dismissed." 

The secretary excused herself and closed the office door. She came out of the room and went back to her office, squealing in excitement and gushing to her friend about the president of the company. 

"Ootori-sama is just too handsome," the secretary gushed, fawning over her boss.

"Give it up, Ojima," her male friend said. "He's not the type of man you can just simply get. He's Ootori Kyoya, president of the Ootori conglomerate, the one that raised it to be ranked at the top one percent in the world."

"Hey, what do you mean by that, Hayama?" Ojima pouted. "I'm pretty, I have the figure, and I'm smart. Aren't I the perfect woman to become the bride of the one and only Ootori Kyoya." 

"I'll agree that you have everything besides the brains," Hayama chuckled. "I doubt you can handle president Ootori's stern demeanor though." 

Ojima stopped. "True...but I mean, he's got the money, the power, and the looks. He's like one of the few perfect men out there!"

"Didn't you know he has a wife?" 

"Everyone knows that that ring is just an accessory," Ojima said. "He's still single."

"No, he's actually married," Hayama said. 

"For real?!" Ojima said in shock. 

Hayama sighed. "Do you never check his desk? The only picture he puts on his desk is that of his wife." 

"It might be his sister," Ojima sulked.

"The only sister he has is Ootori Fuyumi and it's not her picture," Hayama reassured her. "According to my sources, she studied at Ouran High School on a scholarship and that's where president Ootori met her." 

"You kidding," Ojima shouted. "So she's a commoner?" 

"Apparently," Hayama shrugged his shoulder. "Yoshio-sama favors her the most and even members of the Suoh family, Hitachiin family, Haninozuka family, and Morinozuka family seem to like her. They say that it's because of president Ootori's wife that the Ootori conglomerate is at the top today." 

Ojima was in deep despair now. 

"Word even has it that she's a beauty," Hayama smirked. 

"Stop it!" Ojima cried, not wanting to hear any more. "Am I the only one who isn't aware of this?" 

"Basically," Hayama laughed. "Cheer up, now. I'll treat to yakiniku tonight." 

"You better," Ojima said.

Hayama laughed and the two began hurrying away to do their job. Within three years as promised, Ootori Kyoya had raised the Ootori conglomerate to the top one percent with the help of his friends. In response to his achievements, he was named the new patriarch of the Ootori Group - though everyone had a rough idea that it was to happen. During the three years, Kyoya tried finding her himself but just as he thought, it was impossible. He checked everywhere and there was still no news. However, after three years of waiting, Yoshio had kept his promise and allowed for him to meet her. The three years was finally up.

Kyoya turned around and picked up the picture frame that was on his office desk and smiled softly, his eyes filled with affection.

"Haruhi," he breathed a sigh of relief. "After three years, I can finally meet you again."