Chapter 12

"Haruhi, it's a pleasure to see you again," Yoshio smiled and took Haruhi's hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you again, too, father-in-law," Haruhi smiled and bowed politely. 

Yoshio personally escorted her by the hand, much to Kyoya's surprise, to where the other family members had already gathered. Yoshio was mind-blown at the sudden transformation of Haruhi. At their previous meeting, she was indeed beautiful than she usually was but right now, she was just breath-taking. As the doors opened, revealing the other family members, breaths hitched as they all widened their eyes in surprise at seeing Haruhi. 

"Allow me to introduce you to them, Haruhi," Yoshio smiled. "The first one to the right is Ootori Akito, my second eldest son." 

"Nice to meet you," Akito bowed.

Though Haruhi was much younger than him, Akito could tell immediately that his father liked the girl; after all, he had a smile that he hadn't ever seen before plastered onto his face. If he didn't show respect to him, then he was going to have to face his father's wrath and anger later. Truth to be told, he, too, found the girl interesting. She was a beauty. Her long silky brown hair and large brown eyes, her fair complexion and petite frame drew him all in. 

"The one beside him is my eldest son, Ootori Yuuichi," Yoshio continued. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Yuuichi bowed politely. 

"The one to the left is my only daughter, Ootori Shido Fuyumi," Yuuichi continued. 

"Just like I imagined you to be," Fuyumi smiled, her eyes shining. "You're as cute as I thought you to be." 

"Oh..." Haruhi said, not knowing what to make of her words. "Thank you," she politely nodded her head. 

"No need to be so formal. We're family now," Fuyumi laughed. "Besides, it's a shock to see Kyoya get such a beautiful wife." 

"Wife?!" Yuuichi and Akito both exclaimed at the same time.

"Father, did you not tell them?" Fuyumi looked towards Yoshio. 

"Fuyumi," Yoshio looked sternly at his daughter. "Did you forget about what your previous etiquette teacher said? You said too much." 

"I apologize," Fuyumi bowed. 

Yoshio sighed. "This is fine. It's the perfect time to formally introduce her to you two after all. Haruhi, go on. Introduce yourself."

Haruhi nodded and turned to face the two eldest sons of the Ootori Group. She tilted her head a little to the side and smiled before going on to introducing herself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ootori Yuuichi-sama and Ootori Akito-sama," Haruhi began. "I'm Fujioka Haruhi, fiancee and prospective wife to Ootori Kyoya." 

She bowed and the two were left speechless. Kyoya walked up to Haruhi and put a comforting arm around her, reassuring her that she did a good job. He smiled softly at her, catching the others even more by surprise. Haruhi was indeed one of the most beautiful women out there and for Kyoya to actually get a wife was a surprise to them. But what surprised them the most was the caring demeanor that Kyoya treated her with. He never did that with anyone, not even to Fuyumi who he was the closest to in the Ootori family. 

"Pardon my rudeness but what family are you from?" Yuuichi spoke up. "I don't think I've ever seen you before." 

"I'm a commoner," Haruhi replied simply. 

"A commoner?" Akito repeated before laughing out loud, a stern look in his eye. "How did a commoner like you come here?" 

"Akito," Yoshio's voice resounded in the room.