Chapter 17

It was the end of a long winter vacation and the beginning of another school term. Needless to say, during the winter vacation, news spread pretty fast about Haruhi. They didn't know what to do with the new information nor as to how they should treat Haruhi. The only thing that they knew was that Haruhi was now someone that they couldn't easily hang out with anymore. Gender wasn't what they were anxious over but rather the fact that she was now a family member of the distinguished Ootori Group. 

Haruhi sighed. "This is going to be a tiring school day."

"That uniform looks well on you, Haruhi-sama," Keith commented with a dazzling smile.

"Thank y-," Haruhi was about to say but soon exploded. "Why are you also coming to school with us, Keith?!" 

"As Haruhi-sama's personal bodyguard, this much is required," Keith smiled.

Haruhi furrowed her eyebrows and looked to Kyoya, who was nonchalant about all this. She was pretty sure that Kyoya's personal three bodyguards also tailed him around during school hours and based off of that, she knew that Kyoya had no opposition to this. Though, even if she did ask for Keith to stop guarding her, he wouldn't comply with it. After all, she did say that he was free to do whatever he wanted. Now that she thought about it, she wished she could take those words back.

"The female uniform isn't too big is it?" Kyoya turned her way.

"No, it's just right," Haruhi reassured him. 

Now that her gender was revealed, she had to wear the female uniform when going to Ouran, something she didn't really look forward to. Moreover, her hair was now set loose and she couldn't tie it into a ponytail anymore. Keith noticed her twiddling with her hair and understood what she was thinking.

"Haruhi-sama, do you wish to tie your hair?" Keith asked.

Haruhi looked up at him and nodded. "Long hair gets in the way so I always tied it into a simple ponytail. But Kyoya-senpai won't let me do that," she pouted.

"Because a ponytail would look too manly with that uniform," Kyoya explained.

"See?" she pouted.

Keith chuckled. "Then what about braiding it?" he suggested.

"Braiding it?" Haruhi tilted her head to the side.

She looked at Kyoya who looked back at her. "It should be fine," he remarked.

Haruhi smiled brightly. "Thank you, Kyoya-senpai."

"But the problem is who's going to braid your hair," Kyoya added. "For your information, do not even bother asking me to do it."

"I know you can't do it," Haruhi mumbled under her breath.

"You should stop saying things under your breath, Haruhi," he flashed a smile at her.

"I'll stop," she quickly replied.

"If it's braiding, allow me to do it," Keith offered as moved from his seat beside Kyoya to Haruhi's side. "Forgive me for my actions."

He took Haruhi's hair into his hands and split them into two parts, one on her left and one on her right. His black-gloved hands made its way through her hair, letting the three strands on one side intertwine and overlap one another until a braid was formed. He did the same to the other side with grace and elegance, something Haruhi looked at in admiration.

"Keith, you're good at this," Haruhi said in amazement.

"It's nothing," Keith smiled. "Haruhi-sama's hair is silky and long so it's easy to braid it."