Chapter 6

Haruhi's eyes were lit with life as she stared at the shop entrance in front of her. She was not particularly fond of anything besides food and studying but this was something she couldn't resist no matter how hard she tried. Standing in front of the shop, she felt as if she was a child again. 

"I can really get what I want from here?" Haruhi asked. 

"You can. Get whatever you want," Kyoya smiled at seeing her jovial face. "We can hardly call your room a girl's room with just a few piece of furniture here and there. Decorating it with some plushies is necessary." 

Haruhi walked in hurriedly, trying not to let her excitement show through but it was pretty obvious that she was enjoying it. She looked around and if it weren't for her inner selflessness, she would've gotten her hands on everything. 

"So I can get as much as I want, right?" Haruhi asked once more.

"If it pleases you, I can buy the whole store for you," Kyoya smirked.

"No need," she instantly replied, not wanting to cause ruckus and havoc. 

She looked around the shop, eyes shining brightly. Compared to the toy shops she's seen in her local shopping street, this one was ten times as large and their plushies and stuffed animals were all of the highest quality. Not only were they cute but they were super soft. She nudged her cheek against one and wanted to sleep that instant.

"I'll be taking that life-size rabbit and bear over there and the medium-sized plushies lined over there. Add the whole series of prism animal plushies to that list, too," Haruhi pointed towards them. "The panda family of different sizes will also be packaged. That whole shelf of stuffed animals, I'll be taking them!"

Kyoya was amused at this whole new personality of Haruhi's. "You must really like stuffed animals, huh, Haruhi?" 

"I love them!" Haruhi turned around, her eyes shining with enthusiasm. 

Kyoya widened his eyes at her immediate reply and laughed. Her usual calmness was something that he liked but her childish self was adorable as well. It was a good choice of his to take her here. After all, a girl will always be a girl at heart. 

"Is that all?" Kyoya said, taking his card out.

"That's all," Haruhi mumbled, reverting back to her quiet self and seeing that she had literally bought half the store, she looked down, embarrassed. "Sorry that I bought so much."

"It's fine. Just think of this as a payment for seeing such an interesting side of you."

Haruhi looked up, wanting to say something but seeing Kyoya's smirk, she remained silent. "Thank you...for buying all this for me...even though I haven't done a single thing for you."

Kyoya looked at her and turned her way. "You know, Haruhi."

She looked up in curiosity. 

"I really hate it when you keep on thanking me," Kyoya furrowed his eyebrows as he brought his face to Haruhi's. "The one that should be thanking the other is me. You may not realize it yourself, but you're bringing in a huge advantage on my part."

Haruhi stared at him, a blank face sitting there. 

"The Host Club likes you and because of that, I'll be able to create a business relationship with the rest of them using you as the connection," Kyoya said, a stern look in his eyes as he gave a mocking smile. 

"Are those your true words from your heart?" Haruhi questioned him.

His cold mask broke down slightly as her eyes dug deep into him. Something about those orbs controlled a part of him and he felt as if he was susceptible to her every whim.