Chapter 11

The day before the party will start, Haruhi and Kyoya decided to pay Ryoji a visit at the hospital. From the reports that Kyoya had received, he's been doing fairly well and much to everyone's surprise, his chance at walking again had greatly increased. 

"It's been a while, Dad," Haruhi smiled. 

She set the basket of gifts and fruits down and went to sit beside her father. Compared to the last time she saw him, he looked much more energetic. 

"You've gotten even cuter, Haruhi," he squealed in delight. 

"You're exaggerating," Haruhi replied. 

"I am not," Ryoji pouted before whispering into her ear. "As they say, love always makes a maiden look and turn more beautiful."

Haruhi blushed. "Dad!" 

Ryoji chuckled in amusement and noticed Kyoya standing outside. "Kyoya's not coming in?" 

"He said he isn't. Says he had a call to make or something," Haruhi replied, beginning to pour a cup of tea for both Ryoji and herself. 

"Hmmm," Ryoji hummed to himself. 

He noticed Kyoya's glance their way before going back to whatever it was that he had been doing. Ryoji grinned in amusement and then looked back at his daughter, who remained oblivious to all this.

"My daughter really is loved!" Ryoji hugged her. 

"Careful, dad!" Haruhi yelled, almost spilling the tea. "That was dangerous."

"Sorry, sorry," he stuck out a tongue in apology.

Haruhi smiled, glad to see that he was his usual playful self. "How's hospital life? You're eating well, right?" 

"Thanks to Kyoya and the Ootori Group, life couldn't be any better. Moreover, compared to normal hospital food, the food is absolutely delicious for a VIP patient," Ryoji exclaimed. "Don't bother with me. I want to know more about what's happening on your side, Haruhi. I heard that there's going to be a party tomorrow."

Haruhi's face paled before nodding. "Yeah."

"And apparently it's going to be your debut into society," Ryoji pressed on.

"Mhm," Haruhi replied, not wanting to think about it. 

"You're going to be alright, Haruhi! Don't sweat about it," Ryoji reassured his daughter. "No matter who you're in front of, always hold your head high, have dignity, and most importantly, smile." 

Haruhi looked at her dad in surprise and gave a weak smile. "Thank you, dad."

"Oh, but if there're any people bothering you, make sure you give them a real kick in the ass," Ryoji urged. "Just lunge out at them and show them that you're not supposed to be taken lightly."

"You just contradicted yourself with that last statement of yours, dad," Haruhi remarked. 

"Oh? Did I? Well, whatever," Ryoji laughed. "Anyway, just act like you usually do. Papa knows you can do it. So have confidence."

"I will," Haruhi smiled. 

A knock came at the door, interrupting the father-daughter moment that the two were sharing. It was Kyoya. Kyoya looked at Haruhi, who in turn looked towards the clock and gave a short gasp of surprise.

"It's already been an hour?" 

"Time really goes by fast, huh?" Ryoji sighed before smiling at Haruhi. "Go. I know you have stuff to take care of. I'll be waiting for your next visit and hopefully, by then, I'll be completely recovered."