Copright & Prologue

Copyright.

All Rights Reserved.

This book contains material protected under international and federal copyright laws and treaties. Any unauthorized print or use of this book is strictly prohibited without the permission of author/producer.

Names, characters, and incidents are the sole property of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons living/dead, events or location is purely coincidental.

This material is the sole property of Gabrielle Palmer.

Prologue

My throat constricts as my eyes scan the contents of the desktop computer before me.

My breathing becomes heavy and ragged, and my heart clenches painfully.

'No! No, not this! Please not this!'

The once deleted emails sent my pulse into overdrive and my palms begin to sweat bullets as I uncover the reason behind my father's sudden, mysterious disappearance.

John: We're going to be some rich motherfuckers living a damn good life man.

Me: We're getting the fuck out of this country real quick before they get on our tail, I don't need their shit.

John: you're right man. The Mob isn't to be fucked with, but they won't even know what hit them until it's too late.

Me: See you at the airport at 5am tomorrow, I'm sleeping in a hotel tonight.

John: We gonna get the fuck out of New York. Oh, remember to delete these emails fratello, don't want their dogs sniffing us out.

Me: Nessun problema fratello, ci vediamo dopo

My heart slams repeatedly against my chest and I swallow hard.

'Oh god.'

My palms tremble as I reverse the deleted contents of my father's encrypted email directly from my own laptop.

My vision blurs with tears, a heavy lump clogs my throat, and my skin breaks out in cold sweat.

'God, he did it. He really fucking did it.'

My heart slams painfully against my chest as I hear the sudden, gruesome squeal of multiple tyres coming to a petrifting stop infront of the house.

My ears start to ring in alarm as my legs swiftly carries me up the stairs to my sisters room, to wake and shove her into her closet, burying her under heaps of clothing.

"Kylie, What's going on?" She mutters sleepily, vigorously rubbing the sleep from her eyes, and grabbing unto my arms.

"Don't leave this spot, and don't make a sound, if you do, they'll find you and they'll –"

Before I could finish, a loud slam echoes through the hall as the sound of heavy footsteps invade my home.

"Ky – " Before she could utter another word, I slam the closet shut and lock her inside with a key, throwing it out the window.

I race down the stairs with my heart in my throat.

I come to a sudden stop, my heart slamming against my chest, threatening to tear through its walls.

My eyes widen in fear as I stare at the men that stood in the small room.

Suddenly, I felt extremely tiny and insignificant, and the room didn't seem big enough to accommodate all these rough, dark, dangerous looking men.

My body starts to tremble in fear as I take a step back.

I know these men, and I know what they're here for.

"Please..."

Vote, Share and Comment. 💕