Chapter four

Four

"Eat." Luke softly demanded.

I wasn't hungry, and I wasn't enjoying this 'date', as he insisted to call this.

I stabbed a piece of chicken with my fork, placed it into my mouth, chewed then swallowed.

"Happy?" I asked sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

He smirked at my annoyance.

"You're even more of a challenge than I expected." He commented, taking a bite of his steak.

"Mhmm." I hummed, standing up from my seat.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"A girls gotta pee." I rolled my eyes, as he chuckled.

I walked towards the back, and entered the small bathroom. I splashed a little water on my face, careful not to mess up my makeup. I took my time, trying to waste as much of it as possible.

I slowly walked back to the table to realize that I hadn't brought my phone with me, and when I got in view of the table Luke was looking through it.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, snatching the phone from his hands.

"Nothing." He said, his lips in a tight line.

"Who's Brad?" He questioned.

"My brother." I answered, someone gets jealous easily.

"Oh." He muttered.

He quietly stabbed his fork through a piece of his steak, and popped it into his mouth.

"So are you going to talk or just sit there and sip your water?" He asked me, smirking.

I shrugged, I had nothing to talk about with him.

"Why'd you choose me?" I said before my mind could catch up with what I said.

"Most girls would love to be you right now." He mumbled, cheekily.

"Well I'm not like most girls." I told him, sitting up a little straighter.

I'm starting to get sick of his cocky attitude, and he seems like the biggest douche bag I've ever met. I've met a lot if douche bags working at that damn club.

"I can tell." He smiled. A real smile not a smirk.

I rolled my eyes, stabbing another piece of chicken in the process. I shoved it in my mouth, nearly choking.

After an only moderately painful dinner, and his constant attempts to keep touching me, we went back at the water. He noticed my slight nervousness when we got closer and closer to the water.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes showed worry?

"Uh ye-yeah never better." I stuttered.

"Okay." He shrugged it off, which I greatly appreciated.

We sat down on the edge of the dock, I tried to keep the distance between us, but Luke clearly didn't want that. He made sure that there was hardly one inch of space left between us.

Soon enough the sun was setting, and was beautiful.

"Wow." I muttered, at a loss of words.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Luke mumbled.

"It really is." I said, eyes wide.

Before I knew it, Luke was helping me to my feet and opening my car door for me.

"Thanks." I muttered quietly.

He shut the door behind me, and jogged around the front of the car to get into the drivers side door. He sat down, and put the key into the ignition, bringing it to life. I buckled my seatbelt, and soon we were on the road.

"So Luke tell me about yourself." I said, trying to break the silence.

"Um what do you want to know?" He asked, acting as if he was uninterested.

"What's your last name?" I asked slowly.

"Hemmings." He answered quickly.

"Anything else?" He added, stopping at a red light.

"Where are you from?" I asked, as I had noted he didn't have a British accent like the rest of us.

"Australia." He answered, a smile forming on his face just thinking about his hometown.

"I've always wanted to go there." I told him, smiling.

"It's amazing, I love it there. It was time for change, and scenery. Ya know?" He explained.

"I completely understand." I told him, nodding slowly.

I understood what he meant by time for change, and change in scenery. I've always told myself I'd move to the states when I graduated, but here I am working in a club with a streetfighter. I'm determined to move to New York before I'm twenty-five. That gives me about five years to actually get there.

Soon we were at my house, and he kept the doors locked.

"I'll walk you up." He announced, and unlocked the doors, helping me out once again.

"Thanks Luke." I said unlocking my door.

"We are going to do this again." He said smirking again.

I gasped as he leaned forward and placed a kiss on my neck. He sucked lightly, biting down for a split second, leaving a mark.

"Bye gorgeous." He winked and then got into his car, racing down the street.

I was still too flustered by what had just happened, to even say goodbye. I walked into my house, locking the door behind me. I slowly made my way up the stairs and into the bathroom. I washed off my make up, brushed my teeth, and pulled my hair into a messy bun.

I walked into my bedroom, pulling back the duvet and sliding into bed. I turned on my side, towards my window. For a split second I thought I saw my clothes moving on the floor, stupid hallucinations when I need sleep. The very eventful date replayed in my mind as closed my eyes and let the trance of sleep take over me.