Chapter sixteen

I felt the knot in my stomach grow, as we got closer to the time of the fight. Luke was currently sitting in my living room eating cereal, acting as if it was just another day.

Meanwhile I was pacing around the room like a mad woman.

"Babe, calm down. Everything will be okay, just stay calm." He told me, standing from his seat on the couch and pulling me into his chest.

I nuzzled my face into his chest, and evened out my breathing.

"I know, it just makes me nervous, and I don't want you getting hurt. It scares me to think you have to go after a guy who pulled a gun on a girl." I mumbled into his black T-shirt.

He nodded, understandingly.

"I know, but I promise I'll be careful. I'll knock him out as quickly as possible." He promises, I know he was trying to lighten the mood but it really didn't help my nerves much.

"I know you're trying to make me feel better, I'll feel better after you beat his ass." I told him, looking up at him.

He chuckled quietly, muffled slightly because his mouth was pressed to the top of my head.

"Okay, it'll happen don't worry about me." He whispered into my hair, kissing me gently on the top of my head.

I nodded hesitantly.

"What time do you have to be there to get ready again?" I asked, I was so flustered my memory was shit this morning.

"The fight starts at seven this evening, and I'll be arriving at the gym around five. You will be there at six, because I wanna see you and spend time with you for an hour." He listed off the routine, and I walked into the kitchen to get a water.

"Okay, and I wanna meet this Jordan girl. I mean you're fighting for her, I wanna meet her and tell her that she'll be safe now." I told him, a small smile finding it's way onto my lips.

"That's so sweet, I'll give you her address and you can go see her later, she shouldn't be working I don't think. Ashton's always at the gym working, and she doesn't work except on Saturdays and Sundays, so I'm pretty sure she'll be home." He rambled quietly, looking through his phone for the address to her flat.

"Okay I found it, I'll text it to you." He added, hitting the send button, and I felt my phone vibrate in my baggy sweatpants pocket.

"Okay thanks, I'll go over after lunch." I confirmed, turning to go up the steps to get a shower.

"Where are you going?" Luke called, from the bottom of the stairs.

"I've got to get a shower before and then when I come down we go out for lunch." I replied, looking around the corner of the staircase.

I walked into my room to get out new clothes, and grabbed my new combat boots.

I went into the bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind me and turned on the water to let it warm up before I got in. I quickly undressed and got into the shower. I washed and rinsed my hair, and washed my body and shaved my legs before getting out. I wrapped a towel securely around my body, and wrapped my hair in a towel.

After drying off quickly, I changed into a old tank top that I slipped over my bra. I paired it with a pair of black skinny jeans and put on socks so I could easily slip on my combat boots and zip up the sides.

I checked my phone to see how much time I have before I have to leave after lunch, and how much time I have for lunch.

I let my hair out of the towel, letting it come down my back. I leaned forward, scooping up my hair and pulled my hair into a ponytail.