Chapter twenty

(Shorter than usual, will have a good update up soon I promise, read authors note for explanation(: )

"Luke!" I yelled, running around the house in panic.

I currently only had four hours until my mother got here and to say I wasn't ready for her would be an understatement.

"Coming babe!" He called, jogging up the stairs to meet me in my room.

"What's wrong?" He asked me, looking kind of scared.

I don't blame him, I've been stressed since I learned of her arrival. I get kind of scary when I'm stressed out.

"Flannel or no flannel?" I asked, putting on and then taking off the flannel that I put over my tank top.

"Babe I don't think it really matters." He told me, trying to calm me down.

"Well you don't know my mother. Screw it I'm wearing a flannel, unbuttoned, and sleeves rolled up." I said, muttering to myself how I was going to wear the article of clothing.

"Lily, look at me." He softly spoke, grabbing ahold of my chin, gently making me look at him.

I let out a deep, stressed out breath and looked him in the eyes. His electric blue eyes making me melt in his hands, just like they always have been able to.

"Hmm?" I hummed, telling him to continue.

"I love you." He cooed, kissing my forehead as he pulled me into his chest.

"I love you more." I replied into his chest, muffling my voice a bit.

"Not. Even. Possible." He said, and between each word he placed a kiss on my cheeks, tip of my nose, and finally on my lips.

"I beg to differ." I told him, nuzzling my head in his chest.

"Lukey, I need a nap. I'm tired, I didn't sleep well last night." I told him, letting out a yawn.

He chuckled quietly, his chest vibrating against my cheek, making me smile.

"Let's got take a nap." He kissed the top of my head, intertwining our fingers and pulling me into my room.

I flopped down on the bed, and felt the bed dip beside me, signaling Luke laid down. He pulled me into him, his arm across my waist.

I was sleeping in a matter of seconds.

...

I heard the doorbell ring, waking me up.

I sat bolt upright, looking over at Luke who had the same horrified expression on his face.

I looked over the clock, it read four o'clock pm, my mother was here. We both jumped out of bed, racing down the stairs and to the front door.

I smoothed out my hair, and pulled the door open.

"Mother." I greeted, going in for a hug when she handed me her bags.

Bitch.

"Lillian." She said in her snobby tone, she gave Luke a look saying that she didn't approve and he didn't even get to say a 'hello'.

This is gonna be a long visit.

(Sorry for the long wait.

My great grandma just died, and it's been a mess.

But yeah, an actual update will be up soon i promise.

I love you lots

xx

-Shelby)